Best answer

How do I send four specific pieces of information via a Zap

• 9 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m a ClickFunnels 2.0 user so there currently is no way to integrate it with Zapier other than via Webhooks by Zapier. At the moment, I have a Zap which correctly recognizes when a user submits a form on my Clickfunnels’ landing page. The Clickfunnels form collects four pieces of data (i.e., parameters) which I’d like to send to my API Endpoint. However, the Zap is not collecting the information nor it sending it properly. 

The API Enpoint works when I run the test with Zapier. For example, when I run the test, I have to manually input the parameters and their descriptions. So, if the first parameter is “SubDomainName” and I input “JohnDoe” as the subdomain name in the data field, the test works. However, I can’t figure out how to automate the process of collecting the name “JohnDoe” (and the other three parameters) and sending it to my API Endpoint in the manner reflected during the test.

I’ve spent about 10 hours going through Zapier’s YouTube videos, reading things online, and listening to YouTubers but nothing seems to explain how I am suppose to accomplish this automation. I even paid $250 to speak to a contractor I found on Zapier’s website and he stated that he couldn’t help since he wasn’t a developer nor a ClickFunnels expert.

I suspect the I’ll need to use the “Pick off a Child Key” feature to narrow the scope of what is passed along during the trigger but there isn’t any information about how to use that feature anywhere.

Please advise.

Trey

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 October 2023, 12:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Treyqross, welcome to the Community! 👋 

Ah, yes the ClickFunnels app integration currently only works with ClickFunnels Classic accounts. There is a feature request open to have support added for ClickFunnels 2.0 which has been discussed previously in the Community here:

So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for ClickFunnels 2.0 support to be added. I can’t make any promises as to when it will be possible to connect to ClickFunnels 2.0 with Zapier but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is.

For anyone also wanting to have their vote added please reach out on the main thread for this feature request here and we’ll be happy to add your vote as well! 🙂

The Pick off a Child Key field is useful if you want to pull through a specific subset of data from the request. Not sure if you’ve already seen this but we have a Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide which you might find helpful. 

I couldn’t find any documentation for the ClickFunnel’s 2.0 API. Not sure whether it’s been made publicly available yet or whether the waiting list for access is still open. But, I did find a help guide on the ClickFunnels website that details how to set up a Zap to trigger from the ClickFunnels 2.0 API: https://help.myclickfunnels.com/hc/en-us/articles/9807699784983-How-To-Use-Webhooks-With-Zapier

The guide doesn’t appear to state how you’d select what information should be included other than to select a different Event Type. So if none of the event types offer the information you require then you may need to reach out to ClickFunnels directly to find out how best to get the webhook to include the necessary information in the data it sends to the Zap.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this. Keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂