Question

How do I find employee data in BambooHR and transfer it to Google Sheets on a daily basis?

• 30 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m a first time Zapier user with no code backgound hoping someone can help point out what I might be doing wrong.

• Apps I’m trying to connect: BambooHR (premium app) to Google Sheets.
  • Zap level: Pro trial
  • Intended outcome: have Google Sheets mirror the data that is held in a BambooHR report and update it’s data when any of the selected  data in BambooHR report changes.
  • Intended behaviour: Google Sheets to call data from BambooHR daily (or twice daily ideally, ie every 12 hours) and update/overwrite the data held in Google Sheets with the data found in BambooHR.  

What I’ve tried so far without success:

ZAP 1:

(1) Trigger 1: Changed report in BambooHR (test = OK)

(2) Action: Update spreadsheet row(s) in Google Sheets

Inserted a mandatory row ID (as per this Zapier help article), however it returns this error:

Failed to create an update spreadsheet row(s) in Google Sheets. Unable to get a value when looking for "responses". Is it empty or missing?

ZAP 2:

I subsequently tried a different Zap

(2) Action: Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets (Test = OK)

Tickbox checked: “Create Google Sheets Spreadsheet Row if it doesn’t exist yet?”

(3) Update Spreadh Row in Google Sheets (Test = OK)

However when I subsequently publish and run the Zap it transfers no employee data in BambooHR to the Google Sheet

ZAP 3:

Lastly, I found and tried this Zapier template, “Create multiple Google Sheets rows for updated BambooHR reports”. The steps I set up were

(2) Action: Create multiple Spreadsheet Rows in Google Sheets (Test = OK)

Again, when I subsequently publish and run the Zap it transfers no employee data in BambooHR to the Google Sheet.

Can anyone confirm if my ask (which I’d assume is relatively simple) is or isn’t possible in Zapier and, if possible, what I need to change to fix it please?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Will

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Can you share more about what the google sheet you are trying to populate looks like? particularly the column headings on the sheet. The complaint from the Zap is that it doesn’t seem to know where to look to identify a row in the sheet.