Question

Gravity Forms 'Submit Form' triggering everything but not webhooks

• 18 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Everything seems to be working perfectly other than this last bit. When a user submits a form on the landing page the zap then uses the info to submit the info to one of my main gravity forms. I have Submit Form as that option specifies that it will create an entry & fires all events with that form. 

It creates the event, sends all notification emails, etc all perfectly. The issue is that while it is triggering notifications & confirmations it’s not triggering the webhook set up through the same gravity form. Thats the only part it’s not triggering. Is this not possible, glitchy, or have I missed a setup step I’m not seeing? 

For simplification:

Elementor Pro Form On Landing Page Submission → Zapier Webhook → Zapier Submit Form In Gravity Forms (Set to a gravity form we use for other pages that has a webhook to send info to the CRM) → Works perfectly creating a submission/notification emails/confirmations/ but not the graivity forms pre-existing webhook for CRM.

Any help would be really appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @smsweb 

Try using the Gravity Forms Webhooks Add-On: https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/webhooks/

Zap trigger: Webhooks - Catch Hook

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m using the webhook addon in the gravity forms, I’ll attach a screenshot, but it’s not triggering. If I go to the form & submit it manually it works but if I submit through the landing page form & the zap submits to the gravity form everything works other than the webhook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@smsweb

Which Zap trigger are you using? (screenshot)

I used the this one 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@smsweb 

Elementor Pro help article for webhooks: https://elementor.com/help/actions-after-submit/

Can you post detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured?

Which app is triggering the Zap webhook in Step 1?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@smsweb 

If data is successfully being send to Gravity Forms via the Zap, then you would need to try reaching out to Gravity Forms for help with their Webhook.

It may be that webhooks only fire for manual submissions rather than submissions via API.