Best answer

GET request for CODA.IO via APP EXTENSION Zapier!! NO IDEA what im doing :)

• 8 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey all,

Im working with CODA.io in my Zapier workflow and trying to share a link from a newly created document from a template i’ve created thru coda. 

Once thats that document has been created there is no native “share link function” in zapier for coda.io

I have noticed that i can create a custom App extension with zapier ( beta) and i’m thinking that i could use the GET function to first find the newly created doc ID and then create a sharable link for that doc ID and continue my flow in zapier.

BUT! i dont understand JSON or how to build such a function in the App extension. Ive read over the coda.io API documentation ( https://coda.io/developers/apis/v1#section/Getting-Started) but its making no sense on where to start. 

Ive attached screen shots of the App Extension and i’m wondering if someone can point me in the right direction or even a resource i could learn from. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou :) 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 June 2023, 05:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rlaurence83 

Good question.

It may be easier/faster to use this Zap action: Coda - API Request

Try this and leave all the other fields as is.

That will return Doc Browser Link.

Is that what you are looking for?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks troy , very clear and simple. I always tend to over complicate things :) 3rd time you have saved me. Much appreciate mate