Best answer

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier: The app returned "Forbidden" (HTTP Status Code: 403)

• 15 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier Community, im writing this in regards to a error code i keep getting. 

“HTTP 403 error code) I know this means i misconfigured my Zap or lack of permissions, i have checked though and all permissions seem to be okay. I wanted to write this before contacting Zapier Support. If anyone can help me here is some more details: 9

1. When user submits a form on my Squarespace site, it will 
  2. Lookover my google sheet database full of jokes. ‘
  3. then Webhooks By Zapier will run a POST event. I filled out all the forms (i believe) correctly, and yet it still returned 403 error code. Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 August 2023, 21:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GlowingShadow 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1

and ivYes, of course! 

Correct Form (only form i have on my site)
Step 2. Google Sheets
Correct email
Correct spreadsheet 
And here is where i am currently!
Steps (also mentioned in post) 
Error message

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GlowingShadow 

Please link to the app API endpoint docs that you are referencing to configure the POST request step.

Userlevel 1

I’m sorry, I don't understand what your trying to ask as i am pretty new to to Zapier and Squarespace. Could you explain in a more simpler term?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GlowingShadow 

What is the link to the instructions/documentation you used to configure Step 3?

Userlevel 1

I just used my Squarespace site URL. “ultijokegenerator.com”. Was i suppose to use the API ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GlowingShadow 

What info did you reference to decide how you configured this Zap step?

What are you trying to configure in this Zap step?

Userlevel 1

Well when i tested the Zap it said 403 error code, which means the server understood the request, it just couldnt complete it. I want it to return the joke to the user if that answered the question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GlowingShadow 

Squarespace only has APIs for Commerce.

Userlevel 1

I am planning to upgrade to the Individual plan once i figure this out as i will need it to turn on the Zap. I don’t think the article helped alot but thanks for help! 

Edit: So are you saying i need to upgrade to Commence plan?