Best answer

Error 400 on a simple zap

• 13 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Have created a zap. Trigger is Gravity Form submission. Action Register a participant in CrowdCast.

1. Created Trigger
  2. It finds the form
  3. Test connection to GF it connects
  4. Created Action
  5. Has a connection
  6. Select email field and name field from GF (it serves it up so it’s connecting
  7. enter the CrowdCast Event code
  8. Test and receive the following

Got 400 calling POST https://api.crowdcast.io/webhooks/zapier/api_registration, expected 2xx.

Image attached.

I am at my wits end.  Have checked everything.  It is such a simple zap, I must be missing something obvious.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 July 2023, 07:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @D. Sleuths 

Good question.

We will need to see screenshots with how your Zap action step is configured to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Howdy @Troy Tessalone  - Thank you.  I added screen shots…

Have you ever connected from somewhere else to crowd cast?

The registration process is so simple.  I have tried different emails, the conference code from Crowdcast directly.  Added it to the gravity form on the off chance it needs to be pulled from there… :)

It’s so simple it’s difficult… Thank you for responding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@D. Sleuths 

Can you show a screenshot of the matching Event Code in Crowdcast?

Userlevel 1

Here you go. And again thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@D. Sleuths 

I can’t see see anything wrong with how you have the Crowdcast Zap step configured.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, so you may want to try to reach out to Crowdcast Support to alert them about a possible bug with their Zap app action.

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  I will try to find them to reach out. I appreciate the time you have spent.  Like I said - it’s so simple it’s hard.  

Thank you for the verification that the Zap is set up correctly.

Will see if I can get an answer and will update here.  

Appreciate it Tony!

Userlevel 1

I am happy to say I have an answer.  I was using the CrowdCast V1 app instead of V2.  So eventhough we accepted the invitation to use CrowdCast V2 - we build a zap not realizing there are multiple Crowdcast apps to choose when searching.  See images below. One is searching for the action app.  The next is the header you should see.  

Thank you Tony for your help.  Because of your responses I was able to get with the Crowdcast folks!