Question

Can you set a zap to push data when a transaction is coded (in Chart of Accounts)?

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

When I label something a donation in Quickbooks, it would be sweet if it then pushed it to update my donor database, trying to push QBO data to a CRM-for-nonprofits called Little Green Light.

Thanks,

Eric

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GenerationAtomic 

Good question.

These are the available QBO Zap triggers:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @GenerationAtomic ,

When you say you update “something,” what is that “something”? Is it an expense that you’re labeling as a donation? 

I’m asking because I’d like to log this as a Feature Request for an “Updated [Something]” trigger, but want to make sure I log it correctly.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

Basically it’s a deposit into our bank account. (Others are donating to us).

These are payments that people are not invoiced for (they do get a donation receipt, but that is outside of QBO at the moment), so AFAIK, there isn’t a trigger that works.

Could I create a bill that their donation is paying for or something?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

> Could I create a bill that their donation is paying for or something?

Possibly. There is a New Bill trigger that could start Zaps.

The only Updated * trigger that we have for QBO is Updated Customer. And I don’t see any New Deposit trigger, so I was hoping to figure out what the “Noun” that QBO uses so I could create the Feature Request for “Updated Noun” that you could use.

Looking at the Nouns in the screenshot Troy created above, it sounds like it would be Updated Payment...is that right?

Thinking a bit more about how you might accomplish it with what’s currently there…

Is there a way to set up an Updated Payment to hit a webhook from within QBO? If that’s the case then you could probably get it to work using the Webhooks by Zapier trigger. This help doc makes it seem like it’s possible.

A second possibility is to set up a Transaction List or Report in QBO that lists all such payments and then you could probably get it working with a Webhooks trigger that polled for that list or report or, barring that, a Code step trigger.

When I label something a donation in Quickbooks, it would be sweet if it then pushed it to update my donor database, trying to push QBO data to a CRM-for-nonprofits called Little Green Light.

Electrical Estimating Services

Thanks,

Eric

I've been exploring ways to streamline our nonprofit's operations, particularly the integration between QuickBooks Online (QBO) and our donor management system, Little Green Light (LGL). It would be incredibly helpful if, whenever we label a transaction as a "donation" in QBO, that data could seamlessly update our donor database in LGL. This would not only save us time but also ensure that our donor records are always up-to-date and accurate. I've looked through the available integrations on Zapier, but I'm not finding a straightforward solution. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@DominicJace , would that be an Updated Payment trigger?