Best answer

Update status issue on Jira is not working

• 16 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there! I'm trying to sync moved cards in Trello to reflect in Jira. The steps I did so far in the zap:

1. identify card moved to list in Trello
  2. find issue in Jira
  3. filter (match with project name)
  4. update issue in Jira

But this last step is not working. I get the error 'Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from Jira Software Cloud.' when selecting the Issue field (though it brings the status list). Then, when testing I get 'Could not obtain the list of editable fields from JIRA'.

Any ideia of why is it happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 17 March 2020, 00:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hmm same issue is happening to me. I reported it to Zapier who said it’s a bug you may want to report so that they have more chances of prioritizing the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @camilaamaral and @arkhamknighthell - Thank you both for your post!

Looks like Tim from Zapier support was able to get back to you @arkhamknighthell. I’m posting his response here to better assist everyone who may be wondering what’s going on:

I took a look to see if there were any reported workarounds, and it looks like recently another user was able to create an issue the way they wanted by using Webhooks by Zapier and a Custom Request Action. This is an advanced feature of Zapier, so I may not be able to help you finesse the exact details, but I was able to find some examples of the JSON needed to create an issue in Jira Software Cloud in their API docs here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/rest-apis/#examples

Here's an example screenshot that was saved that shows you part of how that might look as an Action:
380aa4e6f07c4d435dc08c2c6160720c.png
(view larger)

I hope this helps! If you give it a shot and you run into a problem, I can't promise that I'll be able to help you solve it, but I will take a look to see if I can.

@camilaamaral I have added your email to the bug outreach list to ensure you’ll get an update from us when this is resolved. Thanks so much!

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the heads up! Meanwhile, I managed to update the Jira issues using a webhook based on their rest API

My next challenge is to sync comments, which seems trickier though.

Anyways I'll keep an eye on this thread :thumbsup_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@camilaamaral and @arkhamknighthell - I have updated my answer with a more complete answer. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seems good I will see about using this workaround I can use custom requests right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@arkhamknighthell Yes, you can create Custom Requests with the Webhooks by Zapier app - just choose the Custom Request action :slight_smile: