Best answer

Post Photo in Facebook Groups not posting photo

• 27 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

My zaps are posting the description into the Facebook Group but not the photo. The error returned is as follows:

We had trouble sending your test through.

The app returned "Your photos couldn't be uploaded. Photos should be less than 4 MB and saved as JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, HEIF or WebP files.". This usually happens when your Zap is missing a required field or a field value isn't in a recognized format. We made a request to graph.facebook.com and received (400) Bad Request.

However, the link to the image I'm wanting to attach to the zap made post is well under 4MB. Any suggestions on what might be the issue? I've read everything I can find in the community and regarding the zap, but I just can't seem to figure out why I consistently get this error.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 March 2020, 11:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Carrie

Could you give us the URL of the file you're trying to upload?

Userlevel 3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idfebprgv0gbn8f/20190929145911qmpf-81d848bd028f.png?dl=0 is the dropbox link that I'm using in the zap image link for testing purposes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Carrie

Can't see any reason why this should work, so I'm going to flag this to the community team to look at. They might have more insight and can escalate to support if needed.

Sit tight, someone will contact you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Carrie sorry you're running into some trouble here! We may need to escalate this but before we do, would you mind trying once more but first removing the "dl=0" from the end of that URL to see if that helps? Let us know!

Userlevel 3

@jesse I did give it a try into a FB group I have created for testing things in. I removed the "dl=0" portion and it still gave me the same error.

Capture.jpg

Userlevel 3

As info, I did also do a second test without the "?" after the ".png" and same error persists :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Carrie! The trouble is with the link, and the reason that we're seeing the error here is that the dropbox sharing link isn't a 'direct download' link. Basically, when you click on the link, it will take you to the file as it sits in Dropbox. For the Zap to work it needs a link to just the file, with nothing else - so when you go to the link you'd only see the image, and not the dropbox stuff.

To get the direct download link for your photos, you need to replace 'www.dropbox.com' with 'dl.dropboxusercontent.com' in the url. eg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/idfebprgv0gbn8f/20190929145911qmpf-81d848bd028f.png

Let me know if you have any questions!