Best answer

Can I get Xero to email out a newly created invoice?

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap that creates a new invoice in Xero, which works well.  But then I need to manually login to Xero to email out that invoice to the customer.

With Zapier, can I also have Xero email out that newly created invoice?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 9 May 2020, 13:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @harvey 

Sadly, it’s not possible to use Zapier to have your Xero invoice emailed to customers.

Not sure if it a suitable workaround, but one of the returned fields for the “Create Invoice” step is a pdf version of the invoice - which you could attach to an email step if you.

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu (and others who may be interested)

Zapier has just added the action event to email invoice via Xero.  However, it cannot email the invoice with a pdf attachment of the invoice.

I am investigating your idea of getting the pdf version of the invoice and creating a separate step where the pdf will be emailed to the customer separately.

How do I get the pdf of the invoice?  Specifically, I don’t see a ‘returned fields for the “Create Invoice” step’.  Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@harvey 

After you’ve created the invoice, you need to add a “Find Invoice in Xero” step. One the returned fields will be “InvoicePDF”: