Skip to main content

Hello everybody,

I’m working on the automation of irrigation systems. I have multiple plants in different locations that I’m managing with local micro-controllers (ESP32).

The ESP is logging information and receiving commands to/from a Firebase Realtime DB.

Each ESP has is own tree: ESP/ESPx/Irrigation with field Status and value ON/OFF.

I would like to manage via Zapier the schedule of irrigations either on set times (for example at 10 AM, 1PM etc) or on trigger (for example when the temperature is increasing over a certain threshold).

The rules are the same for most of the ESP.

Right now I managed to do that by creating a Zap for each ESP, even if they are all exactly the same except that they’re pointing to a different path.

Example:

• Zap 1 points to path ESP/ESP1/Irrigation
  • Zap 2 points to path ESP/ESP2/Irrigation

I would like to variabilize the path so I can have only one Zap executing multiple times for each path. I understand Zap Loops is supposed to do that. I created a loop from text:

And tried to call it from the Firebase step, but none of these combinations seem to work:

Do you have any ideas about how can I repeat the same Firebase step for how many paths I need to define?

Thank you!!

Arianna

Be the first to reply!