Skip to main content

I have confirmed from a Zap Chat responder that the latest “enhancements” removed the ability for one to manually run a Zap.

I am pleading development to bring this feature back.  As far as I’m concerned this is a basic necessity when it comes to Zap management.

There are many times that I simply don’t have time to wait for the Zap to cycle around and pickup that it needs to execute on new data it is monitoring.

Before I was able to right-click, menu select “Run Zap” and BINGO it ran the Zap real-time, grabbed any that were in the queue to run the next iteration and I was on my way.  Now I have no choice but to wait anywhere from a few seconds to up to 15 minutes depending on where it is in the cycle.

I can’t believe nobody else has an issue with this.  If you feel the same, please reply so that Zapier sees how important this ability is.

Thanks!

😠 100% agree.  I would think it would be simple to add this to the new Kebab “Actions” menu on the right of the list.  Also need to be able to set default sorting or filtering of the list Status > Zap is On.

ive been looking for the RUN button for 10 minutes. it never occurred to me that they’d taken it away.

we need it back. like right now.

use this tool every week and now zapier is not of any use to me.

EDIT to ADD in re: how many people are complaining:

there are probably a lot of others out there the thinking that the RUN ZAP button is missing because of user error or something wrong with their browser. that’s what i did.

i started looking for the button last night and gave up, blaming my old eyes and my being tired. i started looking today and got frustrated enough to see if others were having this problem.

standing by….please bring back this feature.

Hi @Seppi70, @mfab and @m x,

Welcome to the Community.

We understand your opinions about Zapier having manually removed the "Run" button to trigger Zaps and ensure workflow reliability. However, you can still test Zaps by creating a new item (for example, a row in Google Sheets) to trigger the Zap or by using the "Test this step" button while setting up or editing a Zap to check individual steps. After testing, remember to turn on the Zap so it runs automatically. These alternatives help you test and troubleshoot Zaps effectively despite removing the manual run feature.

Please bring this feature back, this has thrown a huge wrench in our workflows as we can’t rely on Zaps to automatically trigger every morning.

@JammerS thank you for your reply although the workaround you suggest doesn’t address the issue caused by the new interface removing this basic feature that many of us have relied upon for years.  Please bring it back.

I also think this feature should be brought back. We have seen issues with all zaps being triggered when waiting on the automation itself so this feature was a workaround that we found could be trusted to push all data instantly.