Best answer

Zoom - Youtube Zap error: "Media type 'text/html;charset=utf-8' not supported"

• 14 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone!

I am trying to connect my zoom account and youtube channel (private) via the Zapieer. 

On last step “Set up action” step I observe the error: "Media type 'text/html;charset=utf-8' not supported" during the “Test action” step. 

I have found same question (there in help community), but without any answer yet. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

icon

Best answer by Doyle 13 January 2022, 23:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Alex TST 

One thing you can do is using “Webhook by Zapier’ action and making a GET request to that dl link will give you the file. Then you can map the file to youtube. However if the file is more than 100mb, it can fail.

Hi @Alex TST 

One thing you can do is using “Webhook by Zapier’ action and making a GET request to that dl link will give you the file. Then you can map the file to youtube. However if the file is more than 100mb, it can fail.

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately the most of files I have are more than 100mb. Why this problem appears itself: is it zapier limitation or some problems with an zoom/youtube API functionality processing by zapier?

Did you manage to solve this issue? We are currently facing the same problem.

Unfortunately not.

But I found YouTube integration plugin in the Zoom Store - it described as with the same functionality, but not connected it yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The error Media type 'text/html;charset=utf-8' not supported probably indicates that the Zoom file download URL is password protected, restricted to specific IP addresses, or only available for real humans logged into Zoom. Each of these restrictions would mean that when Zapier and YouTube attempt to download the file, they run into a `text/HTML` page — like Zoom’s passcode input page — and then Zapier and YouTube wouldn’t be able to download the recording file.

In Zoom’s Settings > Recording, it’s possible to make recordings and download URLs publicly accessible, by turning off some of the Cloud Recording security restrictions:

• IP Address Access Control;
  • Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings;
  • Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings.

When Zoom cloud recordings are available to anyone with the URL, then Zapier and YouTube should be able to download the file.