Best answer

Zoom "New Meeting" trigger is not triggering.

• 4 August 2023
  • 9 replies

We have several zaps that use the zoom new meeting trigger (the only reason we use zapier).

This worked fine until this week and now appears to have stopped entirely. It is not triggering at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a known problem and is there a workaround?

Very grateful for any assistance, this is mission critical for us!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 August 2023, 11:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Nord20,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m so sorry for the troubles with the Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try reconnecting your Zoom account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/zoomAfter that, please try triggering the Zap again.

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for helping me out here. I have tried reconnecting but I'm afraid it didn't help - the zap still doesn't trigger.

The connection test says its successful, so there's nothing to indicate a problem there.

I am beginning to think it's a zoom problem. I created an account on IFTTT and made an app to do the same task - that also does not trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Nord20,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you’re running into a known bug with the Zoom integration. It looks like our Support Team has already added you to the open bug report.

Unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA on when the bug will get fixed, but we will let you know via email once it is.

In the meantime, you might consider using Webhooks by Zapier as a temporary solution. Please be aware that Webhooks by Zapier is an advanced feature, and our ability to provide support for it might be somewhat restricted. This isn't due to a lack of willingness to assist, but rather the inherent complexity and variability of APIs, which can lead to unique requests and potential errors. However, our certified Zapier Experts are available to help you set up Webhooks by Zapier. You can connect with our Zapier Experts at this link: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for confirming.  This is, however, a big disappointment as the Webhooks approach (which is a road I have already been down and spent a great deal of time on) is also borked.

Zoom updated their webhook protocols to require authentication, which, after trawling through many forum threads, it appears Zapier cannot accommodate: there is no way to give an acceptable response to the authentication challenge.

It also requires a deal of coding, and whilst I’m happy to teach myself Python, I’m not happy to do it for no reason and it rather defeats the purpose of a no-code platform.

So, as far as I can tell, there is currently no way to use Zapier to integrate with Zoom. Is that correct?

Mysteriously, yesterday the zaps started working again and, so far, have worked every time.  I suppose this means we are at the mercy of this bug which I understand is not even being looked at yet, so basically we can’t assume that it will get fixed.

I will reach out to one of the experts (thank you very much for that lead, I didn’t know that was an option) and see if there is a way to get the webhook approach working. That, at least should be a stable solution, if we can get it working.

Having the same problem, but our issue started just 3 days ago.

@ken.a 

We are facing the same issue, several zaps are not working because this trigger.

And no one in zapier is providing an update. We always have to come on live chat and ask whats the status. Obviously the status is as of now its not working but at least provide something, a timeline maybe or even add in a note to the zapier status page, https://status.zapier.com/

When I contacted support this is what was said “We consider the complexity of the bug, how many users are affected, and the scope of the issue when we prioritize issues. It also depends on whether the issue's cause lies solely in our control or if we need to work with our partners at other apps to resolve it, so the timeframe can range. ”

Im fine with most points except the line where it says “how many users are affected”. So basically what I think zapier is saying is there must be enough people making enough of a fuss for zapier to give a damn.  Well then I might as well start and start making a fuss?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m really sorry we missed your replies here, @UNELA and @Ek-Ryan

@Ek-Ryan - Totally hear you and understand how impactful this issue is to everyone affected by it. Please know that we do care. It’s not just the number of folks affected by an issue that ultimately determines it’s priority. As Support mentioned, there are other aspects which are taken into consideration when prioritising issues. And due to the intermittent nature of the bug that can make it harder to replicate and resolve. 

We’ve added you both to the bug report regarding the New Meeting (Zoom) trigger not triggering. While we can’t provide an estimate for when it will be sorted by, we’ll definitely let you all know once a fix is in place.

In the meantime, as an alternative workaround, it looks like it may be possible to set up a custom email notification in Zoom. I’m not able to test it myself but hopefully it’ll allow you to create a custom notification for when a new meeting or webinar is created. That way you could have the Zap use an app like Email Parser by Zapier to trigger from those email notifications instead of using the New Meeting trigger. See: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Really appreciate everyone’s ongoing patience here, I know how frustrating this must be. Hopefully that alternative workaround will help in the meantime. 🤞

Zoom meeting trigger not working for me - 2023/12/29

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @IPTS,

Thanks for brining this to our attention.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide any timeframe for the bug’s fix. However, we will keep you in the loop via email once it is fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.