Skip to main content
Question

Zoom login pop-up disappears when reconnecting accounts

• 9 October 2023
  • 11 replies

I’m experiencing an issue connecting Zoom accounts to Zapier - we have about 15 Zoom accounts that we connect, and recently discovered they all needed to be reconnected/reauthorized

When I try to reauthorize an existing connection or create a new one, the login pop-up appears briefly and then disappears, and I find that it has added whatever Zoom account I’m currently logged into, instead of letting me manually log into the account I’m trying to connect.

We login to Zoom through Google logins, so I tried first making sure I’m logged out of all Google accounts, but that didn’t help. I logged out of all Zoom accounts, and that didn’t help. I checked my browser settings and autofill passwords is turned off. I’m making sure I’m not even logged into my Chrome profile.

It will also automatically replace an account in an existing zap if I click on “reauthorize this account” from within the zap. If I try to reconnect from the Zoom apps page, it does the same. No matter what I do, it logs me into whatever Zoom account I last logged into, whether I’m currently logged into Zoom or not.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FLCRocks 

Good question.

Try using a new/different private browser to make the app connection.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Unfortunately it is still doing it, regardless of which browser I am in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FLCRocks 

Did you try this?

Open a new private browser

Making a Zoom account connection.

Close the private browser.

Repeat.

@Troy Tessalone It does it in a private browsing window as well.

It let me add ONE account, but when I went to add another it did what it has been doing: opening a login window briefly, then automatically creating a new connection for the Zoom account I had most recently logged into.

It’s definitely not working the way it should be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FLCRocks 

Are you closing the private browser each time after making a connection, then opening a new private browser session?

@Troy Tessalone No, I haven’t tried that. Honestly, I shouldn’t have to. All of these workarounds shouldn’t be necessary; it’s obviously not working how it should be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FLCRocks 

You are welcome to open a ticket with Zapier Support to provide your feedback: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone 

I did. I got no response other than an automated one asking me how my experience with support was 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FLCRocks 

So why not try the recommended workaround?!

Did you try this?

1. Open a new private browser
  2. Making a Zoom account connection.
  3. Close the private browser.

Repeat.

@Troy Tessalone I  will try the workaround. I shouldn’t have to. Something is broken that needs fixing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FLCRocks 

In my opinion, nothing is actually “broken”, and this is common.

The suggested workaround is recommended to try.

It’s the same reason you can’t be logged into 15 different Zoom accounts in 1 browser window, you would first have to log out of 1 Zoom account to then log into another Zoom account.

Feedback from ChatGPT

When a user needs to authenticate multiple app accounts in Zapier, they may encounter issues with browser sessions, cookies, and other mechanisms that apps use to keep users logged in. To overcome these challenges, using private or "incognito" browsing sessions can be a helpful solution. Here's an explanation of why this is necessary:

1. Isolation of Sessions: Private browsers, such as Chrome's Incognito mode or Firefox's Private Browsing, create isolated browser sessions. Each session is independent of the others, meaning that cookies, cache, and browsing history from one session do not interfere with or affect the others. This isolation is crucial when dealing with multiple app accounts.

2. Cookie Conflicts: Many web applications use cookies to maintain user sessions and authentication tokens. When you log in to one account on a regular browser session, the app stores cookies associated with that account. If you try to log in to another account in the same browser session, the app may get confused by the existing cookies and automatically log you into the first account, causing authentication conflicts.

3. Token Management: Some apps use tokens (such as OAuth tokens) for authentication. These tokens are often stored in browser session storage or local storage. When you attempt to authenticate multiple accounts in the same browser session, these tokens may overwrite each other or get mixed up, leading to authentication errors.

4. Privacy and Security: Private browsers are designed to prioritize user privacy by not storing any browsing history, cookies, or cached data after the session is closed. This can be an advantage when handling sensitive account credentials and authentication tokens, as it reduces the risk of data leaks or security breaches.

5. Testing and Troubleshooting: Using private browsers simplifies the testing and troubleshooting process. Each private session starts with a clean slate, making it easier to identify and resolve any issues related to authentication and account switching.

To authenticate multiple app accounts in Zapier without encountering these session and cookie-related problems, users should follow these steps:

1. Open a private or incognito browsing session.
  2. Log in to one app account in this session.
  3. Repeat the process for each additional app account, using a new private browsing session for each.

By using separate private browser sessions for each app account, users can ensure that their authentication tokens and sessions remain isolated, preventing conflicts and making it easier to work with multiple accounts in Zapier or any other automation tool.