Best answer

Zoom is adding a text document of 15kb in size instead of a record to Google Drive.

Userlevel 1

This problem is present on several sites. In the zoom settings, the "Require access code for shared access to records in the cloud" is disabled. But in the Google Drive folder, only documents weighing 15 kb are still saved

icon

Best answer by Anja 17 October 2023, 12:27

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Asya, welcome to the Community!

Is the issue is that recordings from Zoom are being added into Google Drive as text files that are 15kb in size? 

If so, it could be that the wrong field has been selected in the File field on the action that is uploading the file to Google Drive. You’d want to use the Video Files Download URL field, for example:
3f8f5bd95b881dc9003d6010e2bd43a5.png

Do you think that could be the cause of issue here? Or is the Video Files Download URL field already selected?

Userlevel 1

Yes, this field already selected

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Asya 

Can you please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context?

Userlevel 1

Here you are ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Asya,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, could you please confirm if you have the correct settings on your Zoom account?

On the Zoom account connected to Zapier go to "Settings" -> "Recording":

• Turn off - "Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings."
  • Turn off - "Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings."
  • Turn on - "Allow cloud recording sharing."
    8a2a9bafb3df1d77f5d1d208e2fc7001.png
    (view larger)

On your admin Zoom account go to "Account Management" -> "Account Settings" -> "Recording":

• Turn on"Allow cloud recording sharing"
    64e049f6998523f59496fda74395069c.png
    (view larger)

Also, go to Admin > Account Management > Account Settings > Recording > Cloud recording downloads and make sure that Only the host can download cloud recordings is unchecked:

Once you've adjusted the settings mentioned above, don't forget to reconnect your Zoom account. This step is important as it ensures that all the changes you've made are applied. After doing this trigger the Zap again to see if it’ll upload the file correctly.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

No, nothing changed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Asya,

Thanks for trying that out!

I did some digging into our notes, and it looks like Zoom likes to produce the file up to 4 different videos of the same meeting, and sends them over to us as line items. When you put one of the line items into a file field, we zip it up and send all 4 files, and would show up as a zip file or other file format in Google Drive.

With that said, there are two workarounds that can help with this, to get this all properly set.

The first would be changing the settings in Zoom, to only record the video as one file itself. I have an article here that explains more on how to set this, to record the active speaker, and shared screen directly here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060316092-Changing-basic-and-advanced-cloud-recording-settings#h_01F4CYJTCTXNS2MXH00W9EFG6R

The second, would be using a formatter step, to split the recording files URLs instead of the full download url, and then choose which one is best. I don’t have an access to a recording in Zoom, but here’s an example:

1. Load in a new sample data from your Zoom trigger:
    cfe49b409ac6d144db3fd77b6360fcc2.png
    (view larger)

2. Add the Utilities in Formatter by Zapier, and choose Line-item to Text:
    67a1a615c5813caf74c6d1b28e632a82.png
    (view larger)

3. Test the Formatter step.
  4. Map the output of the Formatter step to the Google Drive step “File” field.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

This method did not help, I can copy the link and the direct download to my computer begins

But when I do a test in google drive, html will come out again

Userlevel 1

I have 3 options and all three output an html document in google drive

Userlevel 1

zap reads the link to download the conference from the zoom, in which there is a dot at the end of the url and several letters after it. and downloads the document, converting it to the format whose letters are after the dot in the address bar. how to fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Asya,

I just tested it using this setup and it worked for me:

Here is something to try, as a test. Go to your Zap history, find an individual run of your Zap and if there are multiple links like this (under video_dl_urls)…

… copy and paste one of those into the File field of your Google Drive step in your Zap:

If that works then we at least know the URLs work. It is then a matter of separating them in your Zap.

Userlevel 1

That’s the result

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hmmm...so if it doesn’t work when used directly then there’s something about the link itself that’s not working properly, it seems. Do you have access to more than one of those links in your Zap, and have you tried other ones? I don’t understand how the same field would provide a link that works for me but doesn’t work in your Zap. 

Userlevel 1

I have only one link. When copying and pasting, a text document is issued again

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to see you’re still running into issues here, @Asya

Does the text file that is created happen to contain the link to the file?

If so, it could be that there’s a space character that’s in the File field which is causing the URL to be interpreted as text instead of a file URL. Can you take a quick look in the Zap and see if there’s any additional spaces that might be present in the File field (before the selected Video Files Download URL field):

12e648afc1506f26d44d05438c513fb7.png

If there are additional spaces please remove them and then test that Upload File action again to see if it’s then able to upload the file successfully. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

No, there are no spaces or additional fields

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for checking on that @Asya

Hmm, can you try changing the selected test sample in the Zoom trigger? That should give you a different recording link to test with in the Zap. I’d like to check whether this is affecting all urls or just this one that you’re currently testing with. 

And once you’ve changed the test sample that’s selected, head over to the Upload File action in the Zap and take a screenshot of the entire Action section and share it here:
a8efb7957ab9fdde8a69fe0fb08e8b35.png
There’s been some different suggestions made in this thread and we can’t see into your Zap so this will help to see what the setup looks like currently. As ever, please remove/hide any personal information like names, email addresses from the screenshot before sharing.

Eager to get to the bottom of this so will be keeping an eye out for your reply! 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m facing the same issue as Asya, I’ve put the Video File download url in the filed but end up with a raw text in my drive.

Userlevel 1

Mine was resolved by doing the following steps :

1. Go to your zoom account 
  2. Turn off - "Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings."
  3. Turn off - "Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings."
  4. Turn on - "Allow cloud recording sharing."

=> note that this is only working for the future recordings, not the ones that are already done.

For each meetings already done (those you use as samples in zapier), please do as following :

1. Go to recordings 
  2. Click the share button > share settings > enable the password
  3. Redo the test in zapier for this specific recording and VOILAAAAA !!!
Userlevel 1

You can quickly test the video download url in the zap field to see if this particular meeting still needs a password or not. And take the steps above to unlock it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fantastic work here, @Anja! 🙌 🎉 So glad you were able to get it sorted. 

And thank you so much for taking the time to follow up here and share details of how you got it working for new Zoom recordings - the Community appreciates it! 🤗