Question

Zoho Projects messages in Slack when Status is changed

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello World?
I’m not much of a coder and so I’m attempting to use Zapier to automate messages to Slack when a task in our project has its status changed to Open.
I work for a photo retouching business so photographers fill out a form and then it automatically creates a task in Zoho Projects for our team. We want to start using Slack for better communication and notifications from the different platforms we use.

Our tasks start with the custom status name Prep. We need to review and make sure everything is ready and correct before we open it to our team. That’s why it needs to send a notification only when the status is changed to open.

So far I have it working off of 3 zapier rules. 

Trigger -

1. New Task in Zoho Projects

Action (Filter) -

2. Only continue if…

1. Status Name
  2. (Text) Exactly matches
  3. Open

Action - 

3. Send Channel Message in Slack

It works, but only runs the single time. If we don’t get everything together quick enough then the filter shoots down the message and no one is notified. I’ll tell you now, we are never quick enough. It takes time to get everything sorted.

It seems like there is not enough triggering options. If there was a Trigger like [Updated Status] or [Status Changed] then I could easily set filters for only tasks changed to Open.

I’ve seen talk of polling but I see no option for that as a trigger.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for helping me. Why is nothing ever easy?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Riley L 

Good question.

What Zoho Projects plan do you have?

If you have an Enterprise plan, then Webhooks would be a possible solution.

https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/projects/settings-in-zoho-projects/issue-tracker/automation/articles/issue-webhooks#Configure_Webhooks