Best answer

Zoho CRM Error: "Unable to create entry in module: Leads. Error : Please check if the URL trying to access is a correct one"

Hello! 

I am using a zap to update Leads in Zoho CRM if a contact is created or updated in Hubspot. Everything looks fine to me, but when I go to test the final step, I get the below error. Is anyone familiar with this??

“Failed to create a module entry in Zoho CRM

Unable to create entry in module: Leads. Error : Please check if the URL trying to access is a correct one”

I have zaps that sync information from Zoho CRM to Hubspot just fine, but cannot manage to do Hubspot to Zoho CRM.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 7 June 2023, 04:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NanoImaging 

Good question.

We will need to see detailed screenshots with how your action section is configured on Zap Step 3.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there,

It seems like Zoho is saying that the email address you have entered for “Entry ID” is invalid. There’s a button right next to that field that says “Or add Search step”. I’d suggest trying that...adding a search step beforehand where you search for the email address...then that might return a module whose ID field you can use in the step that’s failing right now

@Troy Tessalone thank you so much for your answer! Please see screenshot below and let me know if there’s anything else you need.

@shalgrim thank you! I have a step for “Find Module Entry in Zoho CRM” based on the email and all the steps have happy green arrows. Screenshots here, please let me know if anything looks wrong!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

What happens when you test that step?

It seems to work just fine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Did it find the contact you expected?

If so, did it return an ID field?

And if so, the next thing to do would be to map that ID field to the place where you used to have the email field in the next step. And then test that step

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Awesome! It seems like we’re ready to try turning on the Zap and trying it on real data, right?

Hello! It did find the right contact and gave me and ID. I added that, and am still getting an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @NanoImaging,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I have been doing some digging on the error (Unable to create entry in module: Leads. Error : the id given seems to be invalid) and I see that a few other users have been running into the same problem. As it turns out, what we're seeing is a known bug with the “Update Module Entry” action for Zoho CRM. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Zoho CRM on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

In the meantime, a possible workaround here is to change the “Include Converted Leads” field to “False”. After that, test the “Find or Create Module Entry” and “Update Module Entry” steps again.

Please keep us posted! 😊

@ken.a thank you very much for the update, I appreciate it! I look forward to hearing if/when it’s resolved.

It worked as long as “Include Converted Leads” is “False”! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, glad to hear the workaround did the trick for you, @NanoImaging

Hopefully we’ll have more news for you soon. 🤞🏽