Skip to main content
Question

Zoho Analytics error: Given date value '2024-05-24' is not compatible with the given date format 'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss'

• 26 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I am constructing a Zap that when a new record is created in Zoho Creator it will add that record to a table in Zoho Analytics.  (If you want to replicate a table in Zoho Creator to Analytics internally, it only updates records  once every three hours, and I need realtime). My Creator Form has 3 date-time fields (dd-MMM-yyyy HH🇲🇲ss) and 1 date field (dd-MMM-yyyy).  I set the Zoho date format type to dd-MMM-yyyy HH🇲🇲ss in Zapier.  When I test the Zap it returns this error message:

Failed to create a row in Zoho Analytics
Error from halted execution: Given date value '2024-05-24' is not compatible with the given date format 'dd-MMM-yyyy HH🇲🇲ss'

This error occurs both when the date format in the receiving table (Zoho Analytics) is formatted as 'dd-MMM-yyyy HH🇲🇲ss' and 'dd-MMM-yyyy'.  The Sending table (Zoho Creator) should be allowed to have two different date formats, as 3 are timestamps (with seconds) and one is a calendar date (only 'dd-MMM-yyyy’).  The issue appears to be with how Zapier interacts with Creator, not Analytics. Creator requires you to choose one or the other for a field (they are two distinct field types).

I do not wish to change the calendar date field to date-time in Creator because that would change the user interface to display the time, and I only want the user to input the date for that field (a meeting date). 

Why does Zapier insist that there can only be one date format when Zoho Creator has two different field types - one for date and one for date-time.  Feels like bad design to me.  Is there a workaround? Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @budk,

Welcome to the community. 

You could use a Zapier Formatter step to transform the date format from Zoho Creator to match the required format of Zoho Analytics. This can be done by adding a Formatter by Zapier step between the Zoho Creator and Zoho Analytics steps. Choose the "Date/Time" transform, and set the "To Format" as 'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss' for the date-time fields and 'dd-MMM-yyyy' for the date field.

Let us know if that will work for you. Thanks.

Thank you, we appreciate it.  The issue is that there appears to need one date format in Zapier and there are two in our Zoho Form.  Because of this issue and several others we have elected not to use Zapier for this application.  That said, we really appreciate your taking the time to step in with a potential fix.  Many thanks.