Best answer

Zkipster/Salesforce zap: Field exists in trigger step but not in the action step

• 11 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

I'm builidng this zap which triggers when a guest is added to a Zkipster event. I'd like the action step to add this contact to a campaign in Salesforce. I've added a search step to look up a campaign in Salesforce which has exact the same name as the event in Zkipster that this guest was added to. So to look up a Campaign in Salesforce by 'Name' field and Search Value is the name of the Zkipster event. However, this is where I have trouble with, because in the action step, there's no event name option. This Event exists in the tripper step, but not in the action step. Here’re the screenshots of the trigger and the action steps.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ASAoperations 12 January 2023, 01:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ASAoperations 

Good question.

The Event field in the Zap trigger is NOT required, so it looks like you could leave it out to trigger on ALL events.

OPTIONS

1. If you select a specific Event, then you can use a static value in your Salesforce search step.
  2. If you don’t select a specific Event AND the Zap trigger doesn’t return the Event Name, then it should at least return an Event ID, that you may be able to use in a Lookup Table OR as part of a Get Event search.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve removed the specific event, however I still couldn’t locate an Event ID in the trigger. Below is all the data that I could get from the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

Sure seems like the Event info is missing from the trigger payload.

Since most Zap apps are created and managed by their app developers (rather than Zapier), you may have to reach out to zkipster about their Zap app integration.

zkipster Custom API

Best for: Event teams with dedicated engineering resources with complex custom needs.

Your developers can build advanced fully custom workflows with the zkipster API.
Documentation is available on request from sales@zkipster.com or your regional zkipster Account Manager. Account Owners, and Administrators on existing Enterprise accounts, can gain access to the API Documentation through the Account Settings.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

hi @Troy Tessalone,

I’ve reached out to Zkipster and was told the other way around that the integration is developed and managed by Zapier..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

I highly doubt that, but you can confirm by opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275663501

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I’ve found a workaround:

• In Zkipster: Create a custom guest field with the Event ID. This will now show up in the guest data.
  • In Salesforce: create a custom campaign field witht the Zkipster event ID for the look up.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ASAoperations - we’re glad you were able to resolve the issue and find a workaround. We’re always looking for ways to improve and upgrade zkipster integrations, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any questions or need to flag anything in future, you can always connect with us via the zkipster Support chat. Thank you for your input too @Troy Tessalone!