Question

Zinc background check reports not triggering Trello Zap.

• 1 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there! We are using Zinc as our background check service and noticed they had a trigger presetup in Zapier for us to use to send the background check report to Trello. Setup the test and everything worked during the testing phase. Once I turned it on, I had a few candidates reports come back complete and waited to see if it triggered the zap, however it didnt. I have since turned the zap on and off, changed the API key, reconnected the account, and retested the zap. When retesting, it grabs the new reports in the testing phase, so the connecting seems to be working, but it wont trigger on its own once its live. Has anyone experienced this? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HappyPirate 

Good question.

You may want to try reaching out to Zinc Support for help with troubleshooting their Zap app that was built by them on the Zapier Developer Platform.

Hi @HappyPirate 

Good question.

You may want to try reaching out to Zinc Support for help with troubleshooting their Zap app that was built by them on the Zapier Developer Platform.

Yes! I have reached out to them as well. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @HappyPirate! 👋

Was Zinc’s support team able to help resolve the issue?

The Checks Complete trigger appears to be an instant trigger, meaning it will only trigger once Zinc sends us a webhook with the data for the completed report. So this could well be a bug on Zinc’s end that you’re running into if we’re not being sent those webhooks.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team as well. They’ll be able to investigate the logs on this end to determine whether or not we’re being sent any webhooks from Zinc. And they can open up a bug report for this issue to flag this with the Zinc app’s developers (via a shared issued tracking tool). You can get in touch with them about this here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do keep us updated on how you’re getting on!