Best answer

Zengine error: “This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched” for 2 of the fields.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I have a zap where I want to take 3 fields from a Zengine form and have them populate the corresponding fields in another Zengine form. I actually had this zap up and working. Then someone changed the fields around and it stopped working. I went in, thinking it would be an easy fix, and I’m completely confused.

I’m getting this error message: “This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched” for 2 of the fields.

Here’s my issue, though. I’ve gone into the backend of both Zengine forms to look at these fields and their settings. On both forms each field is set to the same type and has the exact same settings/rules applied, but it still won’t work.

Any ideas?

Here is the full error message:
The app returned `{"message":"Actual Awarded Amount/Value:: This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched.; Assigned Accountant:: This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched.; "} What happened: Executing creates.updateRecord.operation.perform with bundle {"message":"Actual Awarded Amount/Value:: This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched.; Assigned Accountant:: This field can't be set because all of its rules aren't matched.; "} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.

icon

Best answer by ACAIN 14 March 2023, 17:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @ACAIN! Let’s see if we can get this up and running again. Can you please add screenshots of both your trigger and action set ups? This helps paint the full picture for us and gives us a great starting place.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@chanelle I ended up solving this issue but wanted to come back and post here in case what I did can help anyone else.

The problem ended up being that the fields I needed to populate in the second form were set to only show if a certain option was selected from a dropdown menu (so, conditional fields). In the Action step, I went to that dropdown field and set it to show, which allowed me to populate the other fields that were conditional upon that response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news, @ACAIN! Thanks so much for coming back to share your solution here, the Community appreciates it! 🙌 🎉