Question

Zaps work when "testing" but not when published and triggered event

• 21 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi – frustrating issue, not sure if it’s common: I have 3 similar zaps:

• Jotform FIRST FORM (New Submission) > Brilliant Directories (Create Lead)
  • Jotform SECOND FORM (New Submission) > Brilliant Directories (Create Lead)
  • Jotform THIRD FORM (New Submission) > Brilliant Directories (Create Lead)

All 3 have accepted triggers, good connections, no errors or warnings, and work perfectly when I “test” each one.

However, once published, they simply don’t pick up the Jotform submissions. Therefore no lead is created…

I have a working Zap on another Jotform to create a lead in Brilliant Directories, but for what ever reason these other 3 simply do not work.

I’ve waited up to an hour after submitting form entires on each Jotform multiple times and nothing happens at all. 

Any ideas? I don’t know what else to do and I’m not considering upgrading yet when I can’t get the most basic thing to work.

Thanks,

Rosetta

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @NoobZapper! 👋

That’s very strange how only one of the Zaps is working when they are all using the same trigger. If you switch the other Zaps to youse the same form as the working one do they then trigger?

If so, then that would indicate that there’s potentially an issue with the forms themselves. Are there any differences between the forms that aren’t working and the one that is? Just wondering if the Jotform app is only able to trigger for certain types of forms? Or perhaps isn’t able to trigger for forms using certain form elements?

Do you think that could be the case here, or are all the forms pretty much identical? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NoobZapper 

Good question.

A possible workaround is to use Webhooks in Jotform.

Help article: https://www.jotform.com/help/245-how-to-setup-a-webhook-with-jotform/

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook URL to configure in Jotform.

About the JotForm Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Sub-user accounts can run into permissions errors with fetching data and it may be necessary to get access to the main account. European users will need to select "Yes" when asked "Do you use European Datacentres?" while connecting their accounts.
  • Paid/versioned account: Free JotForm accounts are limited to 1,000 API requests per day. Paid JotForm accounts are limited to 10,000 API requests per day. For branded accounts (i.e. yourcompanyname.jotform.com), use the Jotform Enterprise app.

Thanks @SamB and @Troy Tessalone for your help.

I was able to resolve the issue by editing each of the Zaps and simply republishing them. 

Ran a few real tests after and they all went through successfully.

I hope the issue doesn’t occur again since I’m not sure why republishing the Zaps fixed all 3x related issues.

If you have any ideas, please let me know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for keeping the thread updated on what ended up working!

Full transparency, sometimes the whole “turn it off/on” is all that’s needed. Not full proof but good job knowing it was a good place to start!

Glad it’s back up and running and definitely keep us in the loop with any other questions you have.