Question

Zaps work when testing but not when published

There was another post with the exact same issue with Jotform, but I haven’t been able to resolve mine. I’m trying to push from a spreadsheet to monday.com and it works with every Zap test, but doesn’t work when I’m actually trying to use it. 

I have two other Zaps set up from the same spreadsheet (different sheet) to push to Trello and they’ve been working for months.

I’ve edited and republished, turned it on and off, made changes to the workflow - nothing seems to work.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jptran 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, along with the top 5 rows of your GSheet worksheet being used in the Zap.

When a new spreadsheet row is created, I simply want that information to populate in monday.com under a preexisting Board with a Group ID. The last picture shows all the tests I submitted. Again, when testing through Zapier, the test populates in the Board exactly as it should. Once I submit real requests, it does not push to monday.com.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jptran 

The screenshots of the spreadsheets doesn’t show context about the top 5 rows.

Row 1 needs to be a header row.

Column A can’t be hidden.

There can’t be grouped columns/rows.

Can you be more specific? I don’t have anything grouped or hidden. I only need the subject and request pushed to monday.com. When I do the test through Zapier, it’s exactly as I want it to look, so is there a reason why it works when tested?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jptran 

Screenshot still does not show column letters or row #s to give us full context.

I didn’t start building this until yesterday. Rows 2-13 can be pushed into monday.com if I do it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jptran 

Check your Zap Runs history for activity/issues: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The GSheet Zap trigger can take a few minutes to fire.

If the Zap is not firing, then try reselecting the Zap trigger step settings to see if that corrects the issue.

I did this and even recreated the Zap separately, but it’s still not functional. The tests are coming through as they should. 😭

The history shows no Zaps (even though you can see all the times I submitted via the spreadsheet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jptran 

Are you using a GSheet in a Team Drive?

No, it’s in my own personal drive. I also tried switching the event to the Google Team Drive option just to try, but that didn’t make a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jptran 

If there are too many rows or too much data in the GSheet that can impact the Zap from triggering.

An alternative would be to use Airtable.