Best answer

Zaps keep pausing because it keeps erroring when it runs

• 2 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello Everyone,

Hoping you can help me. 

I am not hugely technical, so feel free to have a chuckle if I have gone the wrong way about this.

I have a form in Paperform and depending on the logic and how the user operates that form, there are 36 different questions with a file upload option.

However, out of all of those 36, on average it’s probably only about 15 that get uploaded each submission. They don’t all get used.

The problem is, I don’t know which fields will be used for upload, it will depend on how they fill it out and what they have done that day to dictate it.

So, I did a submission and uploaded a file in all 36 separate file upload fields to use as my test.

I then created a separate zap - it took a long time and it was the only way I could work it out - for each file upload in my test to be able to create a zap to save any file uploaded to Dropbox. My ultimate goal.

It works perfectly, and I was super happy for about 10 mins lol

Then, as it kept getting submissions I started to receive alert after alert for different zaps with the error:

Your Zap was turned off

Your Zap titled "Delivery 6.6 Scales" has been turned off because it keeps erroring each time it runs. 

The last error message was: 
"Required field "File" (file) is missing." 

I understand that it can’t find a file because it’s not always going to be there and when a form gets submitted its running these zaps every time and there isn’t always a file found in that field.

My first question is;

1. Can I turn this off lol and just ignore it so it will eventually upload if a file is in that field.

1. Is there a better way to go about this than what I have created? Or is it impossible given I don’t know where the files are going to be uploaded to?

I have worked on this for weeks and so desperately want this to work, so I’m not ready to give up, but I feel I've come to a stop with my current skillset.

I had originally done this through Paperforms direct integration with dropbox, however, that’s a whole other story and unfortunately didn’t work due to limits set by Dropbox that neither Dropbox or Paperform are saying they can fix.

Thanks so much everyone!

Laura

icon

Best answer by subhash 2 September 2023, 09:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lau-My02 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m not sure exactly what you need so if this isn’t right, let me know and I will redo, here are some screenshots of what I have set up…. 

Sorry hit send accidentally, here are other two...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Lau-My02 there is a component in zapier called paths. Use that component before dropbox step. Check if file exists, if true route to Dropbox else stop it

Thank you so much @subhash this feels like it's such an easy fix! Super excited to see if I can work that out. I'll have a go and report back. 

Hi again @subhash thanks so much again for your reply. It took me a while to work this out, I never ever noticed those little plus signs haha! But thank you for the introduction to paths. This seems to be working perfectly, I’ll know more tomorrow when my trial people submit their bulk stuff. But I’m 100percent that's all I need. So thank you so so much! Can't believe how easy that was to solve.