Best answer

Zaps are returning SUCCESS status but nothing is being posted

• 17 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey folks, I’m hoping someone can give me some advice here. I’m a fairly new Zapier user, and I’m only posting here after exhaustively searching help articles but finding nothing relevant.

I have set up four Zaps:

Post Published (Ghost) > Create Facebook Post
Post Published (Ghost) > Create Tweet
Post Published (Ghost) > Create LinkedIn Company Update
Post Scheduled (Ghost) > Create Discord message

For all of these Zaps:

• They are switched on.
  • They are not returning errors (all are posting SUCCESS status, and I’m not seeing errors in the data in/data out logs in Zap History).
  • They seem to be triggering as expected on the Post Published and Post Scheduled actions.
  • They all work correctly when I test them in edit mode.

Despite all of the above, I’m noticing that there are no Facebook posts, tweets, company updates, or discord messages being created now. :(

I can’t think what the issue might be, since there are no errors anywhere and all of these Zaps work fine when I am editing them and running a test.

Any advice for this? They seemed to be working for a day or two, and then today no posts were created, causing our team to have to scramble unexpectedly and make manual updates. After running some more tests today (publishing a couple of posts and scheduling one), they’re still not working - despite the history showing that they are successfully triggering. Very frustrating.

I have a feeling I’m probably missing something obvious, but I’ve tried running through all the common troubleshooting steps. Any advice would be really welcome!! Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 19 July 2022, 18:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kuribojim 

Good question.

Perhaps you have the wrong app accounts connected.

If the Zap Runs show the Zaps triggered and executed w/o error, then make sure to check the returned DATA OUT IDs and/or URLs for each app.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone. One question though. If I had the wrong app accounts connected, wouldn’t that mean the test firings wouldn’t work?

Userlevel 1

I took one example - a story is published and it should create a Tweet. Here’s the run header/summary:

And then when I go into the run, the trigger is successful:

Here’s the action:

With the success message in Data Out:

In terms of URL, there are multiple URLs pushed out in the Trigger (one for the story, one each for the tags, etc...)

But the URLs look right, as in, they actually work and don’t 404.

I’m finding this really frustrating, because as I say, ALL of these Zaps work when I run a test with test data. They all work perfectly. But then when I publish them - with the exact same settings - they apparently run correctly (and successfully according to Zapier), but we don’t get any Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Discord updates. :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kuribojim 

At this point it’s probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further help troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Kuribojim!

Thanks for your message here and for reaching out to the Support Team. I can see that they found that there was an issue with your account (on our side, sorry about that!) and it’s now been fixed. This issue should be fixed now, but if you do run into the same trouble again, please don’t hesitate to reach back out to the Support Team. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kuribojim!

Thanks for your message here and for reaching out to the Support Team. I can see that they found that there was an issue with your account (on our side, sorry about that!) and it’s now been fixed. This issue should be fixed now, but if you do run into the same trouble again, please don’t hesitate to reach back out to the Support Team. 

Thank you so much, I was tearing my hair out. I really appreciate the help. For others reading this who are facing a similar issue, it looks like we were somehow triggering the anti-abuse mechanism on Zapier. Perhaps this is because we tested a few tweets that were duplicates, and were rejected by Twitter? I’m not sure. But I thought I’d mention that just in case anyone else is experiencing a similar problem.