Question

Zaps are pulling old data

• 15 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I am getting multiple errors per day on a Zap that I have set up.   When I review the history, every failure is on old (2023) data.    

I have a Zap that when a project is WON in Pipedrive, a Task is created in Jira.   For anything new that we create in Pipedrive, the Zap works perfectly.   

However, for some reason the Zap is pulling data from 2023 and trying to create Tasks in Jira - and these all fail (which I expect because we have a field now that we didn’t previously require, so the Zap can’t pull the required information from Pipedrive).   But I want Zapier to stop trying to run the automation on old data.  

Everything I have read, says that Zapier will not work retroactively, so I can’t find a solution to what I am experiencing.   Anyone know how to fix this problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jaqweline 

For us to have context, we would need to see these screenshots:

I have attached 6 screen shots

1. Zap showing link between Pipedrive & Jira
  2. Pipedrive Set-up (app and event)
  3. Pipedrive Set-up (trigger)
  4. Jira Set-Up (app and event)
  5. Jira Set-Up (action)
  6. Error message - failure due to “required field FEIN missing”  - please note you can see that the Date of this being WON in Pipedrive is 08-18-2023.   

We started using the FEIN filed in January 2024 and created this automation is 2024.   The automation works for every pipedrive deal we mark WON since we have set it up.    But every day I am getting failure messages, like the one provide, and the date marked WON is some time in 2023.  

How do I prevent Zapier from “finding” old deals that were marked WON in 2023.   The good news is because they don’t have the FEIN they are all failing, because I don’t want them in Jira.   But it is annoying to get 3-5 emails per day of failures and they are all due to Zapier trying to pull Pipedrive deals that were marked WON in 2023.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jaqweline

You would either need to adjust the Deal Filter in Pipedrive.

Or as Step 2 in the Zap add a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Interesting.  I had read the Zapier wouldn’t go back retroactively.    So I figured it was only going to pick up deals marked won after setting up the ZAP.    I will create a filter so it stopsi pulling deals won prior  to 2024

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jaqweline 

If a Deal matches a Pipedrive filter, then does not, then does again, it could retrigger the Zap.