Skip to main content

Hi I am having troubles with an automation I am setting up.

The issue is I am setting up an a Zap which on Trigger (Label selection “Xero Input”) it triggers the card to produce a sales invoice, this invoice pulls the card title which has the job number, client name and job title. I am trying to get the description in Xero to product the card checklist items however I am only managing to pull the card checklist id. 

Hi there @m3kail,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Thanks @ken.a!

Ok so again the problem is I am trying to essentially map out the unique card info which will be a variable depending on the content of the card to the invoice. Every job is different and every job has different checklist items.

Ok So the Trigger is quite simple.

1. New Label Added to Card in Trello → Triggers 
  1. Creates Sales Invoice in Xero (this works) 

Card name works (it drops in the unique card name, job number and job title)

2. Cont… (this part is tricky) 

In description filed of the Xero invoice we are wanting. As per the cost estimate of XXXX (this works) please 
    refer to the rollout items of Variable Card checklist (this part doesnt and is showing just the list id which is because thats all I can work out at this point).

Note: a friend said I would need to find/seek for the card checklist prior using Zapier but his method only works for specific lists not a general list with a card.
  3. This is the result (everything is right but the card checklist items.

Hi there @m3kail,

Thank you for providing the extra screenshots and details.

Have you tested the "Find Checklist" and "Find Checklist Item" actions to see if they return the desired checklist?

a1c0bca6b37729a504c8823662fbb69a.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!