Question

Zapier-Xero Bank Transaction will test post a transaction but not Transfer the same transaction

• 28 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi All, 

I'm hoping to draw on the communities knowledge to help solve an issue I can't seem to resolve and Support is giving no clear answers.

I am posting a Bank Spend-Receive Transaction from a Excel Spreadsheet to Xero.

1. This works: When finalizing the zap and testing the transaction it succeeds and the Zap is posted to the correct Bank account in Zero.
  2. This doesn't work: When  I perform a Transfer Action on the same source transaction the Zap produces an error "Error message: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'map')”

I isolated two errors through hours of troubleshooting and testing

1. Transaction Type had changed from being a entry from the Excel Spreadsheet to having to be formatted by Zapier Text-in-Line Formatter.  Once this was implemented everything worked perfectly.
  2. Zaps cannot be copied.  As soon a working Zap is copied it no longer works and generates the 'Map’ error, even if it's not edited in any way.

This means all my zaps have to created from the “ground-up”, which I duly started doing this morning. 

Except now even the Zaps I build from scratch also fail, even after I implement the above change. (The test transaction succeeds, the Transfer Action fails)

My integration is dead in the water and I cannot work out why.

If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, experiences, anything that might help me I would be greatly appreciative.

Regards

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ShawnB 

For us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with the encountered error.

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Hi Troy, 

Thanks for your reply.  If anything is not clear please let me know

The Flow:

Step 1:

Step 2: 

Step 3:

Step 4:

When the flow is tested 

In Xero:

When I try transfer the same transaction line

It errors

With reference to the TransactionType setting:

• These allow the transaction to successfully TEST but produce the TRANSFER error:  Formatter Utilities (Text to Line, Text to LIne V2, Line Itemizer) 
  • This is the only successful way of achieving success in both the TEST and TRANSFER:  Using the built-in option as below

This results in the successful Test and Transfer

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShawnB 

In the Zap Runs, check the Logs tab once that data is available (takes a few mins to generate), which can provide more details about the encountered error and what is causing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShawnB 

In the Zap Runs, check the DATA IN has valid values for the required fields.

If you are are values mapped to dropdown fields, then reference this help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Morning, 

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the two zaps’ “data in”.  Both efforts are based on the same Excel Data.  Only difference is the origin of the Transaction Type data.

Hi Troy, 

Here are the logs

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ShawnB 

Another thing to check, make sure al the line item fields have a value.

e.g. Screenshot shows the variable for XSKU has “No data”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ShawnB, hope you don’t mind me hopping in to lend a hand with this! 🙂

I was just taking a look through the screenshots and spotted that there seems to be a difference in the way the line-item data was sent between the two runs of the Zap. It appears that only the successful run of the Zap had the line item data correctly supplied in a line item format. It also looks like for some reason both runs also received the line item data “flattened” i.e. not indented. If it was indented it would indicate that it’s a line item array:

61d370fc6530a599247f6b7d2cc7e23c.png

This makes me suspect that the issue may lie with the Formatter action that’s generating the line items.

To help confirm whether that’s indeed the case would you mind sharing some further screenshots here? Specifically of what appears in the Data In and Data Out tabs of the Formatter actions for both the unsuccessful and successful run of the Zap.

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply here, keen to help get to the bottom of this!