Question

Zapier Warning: "Please Set Up Required Fields" When Creating Form Submission in Kajabi from Dubsado

• 3 March 2024
  • 8 replies

I am using Zapier for the first time and I am setting up a trigger. When someone (a lead) completes a form in Dubsado it triggers to create a form submission in Kajabi. I am receiving the following warning: “Please set up required fields.” I chose the Kajabi form in the dropdown and the fields populated below. I did use the API key to connect Dubsado and Zapier.

I don't know what the warning means or what I need to do. It doesn’t indicate which fields. I'm not able to test or continue until this is corrected, and I don't know how to correct it. All the Dubsado form fields are required so no field should be blank. 

The Help bot was useless, and I couldn’t find out how to correct the problem when I search the Help area. I’d appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GML 

In order for us to have context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured, along with the encountered error, thanks.

Thanks, Troy. 
Here are a few screen shots. Does this help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GML 

In Zap steps, fields marked as required need to have a value provided.

Help article about how to configure Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Thanks, Troy. I have a follow-up question. If I require the fields in Dubsado, do I need to require the fields in Kajabi? As I think about it, I don’t think I would need to require the fields in Kajabi as it’s just filing in what was already captured. If I don’t set the field to require on the Kajabi form, will this warning go away?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GML 

The fields in the Kajabi Zap step marked as required need to have a value provided.

When you click on an input field, you can use the ‘Custom’ tab to map dynamic variables between Zap steps.

Help article about how to configure Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

I removed the complete requirement from each of the fields except for the email address, which Kajabi requires. So, do I only need to map that field in order for it to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GML 

In a Zap step, any field marked as required or indicated as conditionally required in the field description expects a value to be provided.

When in doubt, test it out.

Okay, thanks. I’ll check out how to assign a value to the email and see what happens.