Best answer

Zapier trigger not working for Google Drive folder when a new file is added to Google Drive specific folder

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I am trying to automate this task. So, my zap should trigger every time a new file is added to Google Drive specific folder, which further connected to other platforms. But my issues lies at the trigger. I have check both options new file in folder and new file anywhere. To check whether my trigger works or not, I have added a new file (image) to that specific folder. The zap did not triggered, so I tried to run it manually but the it would still not work. And would say we did not find any new files. Even though I have added those files myself. I do not know if I am doing something wrong. 

Things I have confirmed. 

I have confirmed that I am the owner of the files, means the account which is connected to the zap, check if the event correctly mentions the trigger like new file, new file in folder. And test the trigger at the end. In testing phase I have checked and it would work flawlessly but when it comes to triggering or running manually it would not work. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 17 July 2023, 07:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @ali1111! 🙂

Sorry to hear of the troubles in getting the Zap to trigger. Can I just double-check here, when you say the image file was added to that specific folder, was it directly uploaded to the folder?

Or was it uploaded to a somewhere else but then moved across into the folder? If so, that would likely be why it failed to trigger the Zap. As there are certain instances where the New File in Folder trigger won’t trigger for certain types of files. This is covered in more detail here: Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Welcome to the Community, @ali1111! 🙂

Sorry to hear of the troubles in getting the Zap to trigger. Can I just double-check here, when you say the image file was added to that specific folder, was it directly uploaded to the folder?

Or was it uploaded to a somewhere else but then moved across into the folder? If so, that would likely be why it failed to trigger the Zap. As there are certain instances where the New File in Folder trigger won’t trigger for certain types of files. This is covered in more detail here: Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

It was directly uploaded to the intended folder means the folder which was given to the Zapier to look for new files. Thanks for the link, I did have read it but it have not solved the problem. I have uploaded files multiple times to that specific folder but Zapier would not trigger. I have tried to run it manually but it would say we did not find any new files while I have just uploaded one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ali1111,

It looks like you have reached out to our Support team regarding this issue. Here’s their latest response:

The New File in Folder trigger has some nuance about what it will trigger on:
https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397-Common-Problems-with-Google-Drive#not-all-my-files-are-triggering-my-new-file-in-folder-zap--0-4

Google Files (e.g. Google Doc, Google Sheets etc)

• If a file was created within the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified fewer than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified greater than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap won't trigger
Non-Google files (e.g. pdf or jpg):
  • If a file is directly added to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file is directly added to the folder but was modified/created greater than 4 days ago, the Zap won't trigger
  • If a file is moved to the folder (even if it was added to Google Drive in the last 4 days), the Zap won't trigger

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap. The connected account must be the owner.

Can you please check if any of the conditions above apply to the files that you've uploaded to the Folder? 

I'd recommend you test this by uploading a file that follows the instructions above and see if it triggers the Zap or not. 

Please keep me updated on how this goes. I'll be keeping an eye out for your reply and we'll go from there.

I suggest continuing the conversation with our Support team regarding this issue. They will be able to closely examine the Zap and investigate its logs to find the underlying cause of the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.