Question

Zapier Transfer: Removing deleted records?

• 7 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All - I’m sure I’m missing something fundamental, but I am struggling with orphan records within Zapier Tables!

I have a Transfer in place that keeps a Zapier Table up to date with records from a Notion database (used to hold team announcements) - however, when a record is deleted from the Notion database, the Zapier Transfer does NOT remove the record from the Zapier Table… over time this obviously has the potential to leave a mess in my Zapier Table...

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @GarethJ, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Ah, I don’t think Transfer would see the deleted record as something it needed to transfer. I think it would only be new records in Notion that it would transfer over.

You’d need to set up a Zap that triggers when a record is deleted in Notion, then search for the corresponding record in the table and delete it. Unfortunately the Notion app doesn’t have a “Deleted Page/Database Item” type of trigger so that’s not possible right now. We’ve got a feature request for that sort of trigger to be added so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. There’s no known workarounds at present and I don't have an ETA of when this will get added, but we will definitely email you when it does!