Question

Zapier to Pipedrive Error: Expected 'number' as value

• 9 February 2024
  • 9 replies

TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH: Add a new Lead to Pipedrive when a new row is added to my google sheet.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?:
It seems that the person and organization mapped fields (to Pipedrive) require a numeric value but of course, a person’s name is an alpha value.

Error message reads: "Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive provided dataset is not valid Custom field validation failed. Error: Expected 'number' as value of singleOption field. ApiKey: f3b6d5128b3481383e98a9f07ed7d7c66a35172b"

ADDITIONAL DETAIL: When I leave the "Person" field empty, Zapier tells me it's required. So I fill it in using the only options it accepts which are in the dropdown. These are all alpha values. For some reason, the Person field only accepts numeric values.

See attached image.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mkoptmzcrbn 

Try adding another Zap step to Find Person (enable checkbox to create if not found), then map the returned Person ID.

Thx Troy!

Not sure if I did this correctly.  The step to Find and/or Create a Person is testing successfully but I’m getting the same error on the step to add to pipedrive.

Quick video walk through:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/24820416?key=507522ce1e91f9384c356d02a35796ec

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkoptmzcrbn 

These fields expect IDs from Pipedrive, rather than a GSheet Row ID.

Any idea how I might get a pipedrive ID into this field.

I know in your original comment you said, “then map the returned person’s ID” but I don’t know how to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkoptmzcrbn

In step 2 you would need to search by a column value from GSheets that a Pipedrive person has. (e.g. email)

these are new leads so no pipedrive person exists…  or are you saying that the “person” represents like an existing employee?  
If so, I don’t understand since we checked the option to “create if not found”
Sorry, I’m confused...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkoptmzcrbn 

Try adding another Zap step to Find Person (enable checkbox to create if not found), then map the returned Person ID.

You probably want to search by email address.

You probably want to select an option from the dropdown list.