Question

Zapier to Firebase Zap isn't working, and the function isn't creating users.

• 28 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m running a zap with a connection to Firebase, all seems to be fine in Zappier side but I have not hit Firebase side and the output of the Firebase function didn’t seems to works (the function is creating a firebase user)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Amawe! 👋

I’m not seeing any “Create User” actions for the Firebase / Firestore app. Are you using a API Request (Beta) action to create the Firebase user?

Can you share a screenshot of the settings and fields selected on the Firebase / Firestore action that’s failing to create the user? That’ll help us to better determine if there’s anything in the setup there which might be preventing the action from creating the user as expected. Please ensure that any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) is removed/hidden from the screenshot before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hello,

Yeah I was trying to use API Request.

It seems that with the current Firebase/Firestore module, we can’t directly call a Google Cloud (or Firebase) functions. As I tried tu put my url, I’ve got an error saying it must be a subdomain of “firebaseio.com”. Hence, cloud functions aren’t hosted on these subdomains.

I had to use Webhook by Zapier to perform what I intend to do. Did I miss something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @Amawe. 🙂

I’ve not come across that error with the Firebase / Firestore app before, my best guess is that it might have been caused by the project id that was referenced in the request. Was ‘it must be a subdomain of “firebaseio.com”’ the full error message you received?

If not, can you share a screenshot showing the full error message? That’ll help to give us a bit more context here. 

Mostly you’d want to use a API Request (Beta) actions instead of a Webhook by Zapier action for cases where the app requires the use of more advanced authentication methods (like OAuth2 for example) using the authentication details for the app account selected in the action:
cbcbcabdb4c1526ff01392b9fbfe3715.png

Webhooks by Zapier doesn’t have that same functionality and is limited to only basic authentication methods.

Can I also just double-check whether the Webhooks by Zapier action is able to create the user in Firebase? Or is it running into the same issue that the API Request (Beta) action did?