Skip to main content
Question

Zapier Tables error: Halted Exception. Nothing could be found for the search

• 27 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I’m confused, this states if the record is not found that the subsequent steps will be skipped, however in the screenshots you can see it successfully moves on despite being halted. Am I not understanding this properly?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LuxeLab Group,

You’re on the right track here. If "False" is selected and nothing is found, the next step should be skipped.

I suggest reporting this issue to our Tables team for further investigation as it could be a bug with Tables. You can contact our Tables team here: https://npsup.zapier.app/contact-us?product=Tables&feedback=Bug

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Thank you! I followed up with them

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome, @LuxeLab Group! Please note that our Tables team is a small team, so their response time might take a little bit longer than usual.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks 👋

@LuxeLab Group - Just wanted to pop in here to clarify that the “Halted Exception: Nothing could be found for the search” notice isn’t an error or a bug. 

As the Should this step be considered a “success” when nothing is found? field was set to False, if no matching record in the table is found, then any subsequent steps that rely on an output from that action will not run. As the subsequent Discord action was successful it’s likely that no fields from the previous Zapier Tables action had been mapped. 

You can learn more about this here: Search for existing data in Zaps > Add your search criteria

Hope that helps to clarify. If you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can help with please let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue and don’t understand it either, but I don’t mind it since its making my zap work ok.

I have a Find Subscriber in Mailerlite lookup and it returns true or false.

I then have: Should this step be considered a "success" when nothing is found? False
So you would think it would not continue to run the next zaps if Mailerlite returns false even though I have set the path below to go one way if Mailerlite returns true and another way if Mailerlite return false.

And the zap reports itself as being Stopped (Halted). But it didn’t, it carried on the next steps with no problems.

So it does seem like it is a bug or perhaps I’m not understanding it correctly (more likely).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jon Techilovsky 👋

Sorry for any confusion caused here. The reason that run was marked as Halted is that you’ve got the Should this step be considered a “success” when nothing is found? field set to False. With it set to false the Zap will consider that action step as not successful if it doesn’t find a subscriber and will mark it as halted. And if a later step in the Zap uses information from that specific search step it will not run.

If you’d like the Zap to not halt the Find Subscriber action when it doesn’t find a subscriber then you’ll need to set it to True instead. Having it set to True will still allow it to output whether or not a subscriber was found and ensure that the Find Subscriber action is marked as successful, not halted if one isn’t found.

Do let me know if you have any further questions on this at all. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Jon Techilovsky 👋

Sorry for any confusion caused here. The reason that run was marked as Halted is that you’ve got the Should this step be considered a “success” when nothing is found? field set to False. With it set to false the Zap will consider that action step as not successful if it doesn’t find a subscriber and will mark it as halted. And if a later step in the Zap uses information from that specific search step it will not run.

If you’d like the Zap to not halt the Find Subscriber action when it doesn’t find a subscriber then you’ll need to set it to True instead. Having it set to True will still allow it to output whether or not a subscriber was found and ensure that the Find Subscriber action is marked as successful, not halted if one isn’t found.

Do let me know if you have any further questions on this at all. 🙂

That’s the point I’m making, it’s marked as Halted but it didn’t hault! It continued and the steps using that information from the Mailerlite step were completed. You can see in the image it says “this path ran”.