Best answer

Zapier Tables Error code 400: Error found at request.body.record_ids.0: Cannot create ULID from string of length 4 (general:validation_error)

• 24 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a table from an excel spreadsheet. Importing this table goes fine, but the data source always includes a summed line at the end. I am just tryiing to delete this row in the table.

I am using:

New record in Zapier Tables

Find Record in Zapier Tables

Delete Record in Zapier Tables

The error I get is:

“Error code 400: Error found at request.body.record_ids.0: Cannot create ULID from string of length 4 (general:validation_error)”

This Action creates the following error

My goal is to troubleshoot. If certain fields are empty, then the record should be deleted. The Find Record works fine.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 April 2024, 20:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @syndic8er 

Check the Record ID field description for guidance.

The Record ID field expects a Zapier Tables Record ID value. (rather than a value of “true”)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone But, won’t the Zap fail the next time a spreadsheet is imported with an offending record? If I use the exact ID, won’t it then fail to delete any record that doesn’t have that ID?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@syndic8er 

In Step 3, map the Record ID dynamic variable from Step 2.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Isn’t that what I did originally? I mapped it to the step 2 variable in the screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@syndic8er

Check the field description for more guidance about the expected value, which needs to be a variable that has the Record ID from Step 2.

This is not the correct variable to map from step 2. (A variable with a value of “true” is not a record id)

Userlevel 1

thanks… that worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @syndic8er! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗