Question

Zapier Tables and Phone Numbers with preceding "0"

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

We are trying to use Zapiers new Tables and Interfaces to create a CRM.

We want to automatically bring information in using a ZAP from our lead finding channel.

The issue I am having is with getting the phone number to transfer through. Our numbers hear in Australia are always preceded with a “0” i.e. 0448 xxx xxx

The format of the phone numbers that are bing passed to us are in this format 0448 xxx xxx but when I send them through to the Table in Zapier it deletes the proceeding “0” and only send through 448 xxx xxx

But this then means if we want to use the information out of the tables we are not able to automate anything because we are missing the initial digit in the phone number.

I have tried all the Zapier formatting tools but cant seem to get anything to work.

Any assistance would be great.

p.s. I have alos attempted to use the + symbol and the country code which would work for us but also cant get the + symbol to carry through to Zapier Tables

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CDD 

Try using a Text field instead of a Phone # field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @CDD! 👋

I just wanted to pop in here to check how things are going. Were you able to get the numbers formatted correctly using Troy’s suggestion of changing the Phone number field in the table to have a Text field type instead?

Please let us know whether or not you were able to get this sorted. Happy to assist further if you’re still running into issues here! 🙂