Best answer

Zapier SKU Mapping Fails for Multi-Item Orders in Shopify to Salesforce Integration

• 29 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Essentially i have a zapier to find an order in Shopify and then send that order and other information to salesforce, and it works perfectly when they only order one product. However, if they order two or more products the zapier breaks at a step of me sending the SKU of the item in Shopify to match the product in Salesforce as it sends every value instead of each value of the SKU seperated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 December 2023, 23:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Payton Husain 

Good question.

Try using the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone i tried that but wasnt quite sure how to get it working essentially i had it loop through the SKU numbers, like this.

But when on the next step when I am looking for the product in Salesforce im searching by those looped values but it still groups them all as one value. Maybe im not doing looping correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Payton Husain 

The mapped value is not a single SKU as you can still see the commas separating multiple SKUs.

This shows a “Test” variable name for the Looping step, but the above variable name is “SKU” from the Looping step, so something is not right.

Can you post updated screenshots for the Looping step? (how it’s configured and after testing the step)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you i took another look at the looping and i did have it incorrectly, i wasn't searching by the correct looped values when searching for the product on Salesforce.

But now im running into the issue of the quantity values not coming over correctly. And its doing the same things as the non looped SKU was by passing all the values as once, so the order had two products of quantities of 1 each but it passed that value as two 1’s connected for 11 and the quantity on Salesforce is 11 instead of once each, but i can only use looping once in the flow so how would i fix that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Payton Husain 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Here is the full list of orders.

1. New order in shopify created.
  2. Search for existing contact in salesforce, if none is found created one.

3. Find the price book in salesforce by searching for Currency ISO code.
    1. Create order in Salesforce, connect it to the contact found in step 2.
    2.  Updating the order created in step 4 with the price book id in step 3.
      1. I loop the product SKU numbers from the order place in step 1.
        1. I find the products in Salesforce searching by the looped SKU numbers from step 6.
          1. I find the price book entry associated with the product found in step 7.
            1. I create the order products in the order on Salesforce using the ID's found in steps 7,4,8. I also grab the quantity here from the order in step 1 and here is where its not working as the quantity comes over as all the numbers grouped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Payton Husain 

The Quantity fields expects a number.

You need to add the variable to the Loop, then map the variable from the Loop.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone  thank you so much everything is working now. I appreciate your help tremendously!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @Payton Husain! Big shoutout to Troy on this one!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗