Skip to main content
Best answer

Zapier sends website leads to the wrong email list in Brevo

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Recently I connected Wix and Brevo together in order to send my leads to Brevo's contact list when a lead sign in the form with his email. Unfortunately, there is some discrepancy between the connection. Screenshot attached.

The automation with Zapier seems to work. When I fill out the form with an email address it sends it to my Brevo account but it... Not in the right place. It goes to the "Not a member of" list. It is supposed to be a "Member of" The list.

In the Brevo settings, I`ve chosen the right list that I want leads to be sent - screenshot attached.

I need all the leads, when they fill out the form, to be sent in the "Member of" the list, not in the "Not a member of" list.

Any idea how this can be solved?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @deJav1u, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Can you share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Add or Update Contact Brevo action? In particular I’d like to take a look at what’s been selected for the Lists and Lists Update Type to see if there’s anything on the setup there that might be preventing the contact from being subscribed to the Meta-Guide-Downloads #7 list. Please remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!

Hello @SamB.

Thank you for reaching me out. 

Attached you will find a screenshot of the required fields from you. Let me know if you need something else from my side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sending over that helpful screenshot here @deJav1u. 🙂

Hmm, it definitely looks as though the correct list is selected. I’ve just done a test in my own Zap but couldn’t replicate this behaviour, it was able to subscribe a contact to the correct list.

The email address in the initial screenshot differs from the one in the second screenshot. Can you test the Brevo action in the Zap again? And then search for that contact in Brevo and confirm which list the “johndoe” test contact is added to.

I’m wondering if there are multiple lists with the same name of Meta-Guide-Downloads. 🤔

Based on your initial screenshot the ID of the Meta-Guide-Downloads list is 7. Can you confirm whether the list at https://app.brevo.com/contact/list/id/7 is definitely the list that you’re wanting the Zap to add contacts to?

If so and it’s not adding contacts to that list then it may be that there’s another list that has the same name but a different ID. In which case can you head back to the Zap and scroll through the options in the Lists dropdown field to check whether there are any other lists that have the same name but a different ID?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hey @SamB,

Thank you for coming back to me.

I just sent a test email for this contact “jhondoe” with Zapier  and it delivered it on the right place! I made a test with my Wix form, I made a submission from there and it went again in the right list.

I don’t know how it got fixed but now everything seems to be normal.

Thank you very much again and wish you a great day!

Regards,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! I’m so glad those tests worked correctly @deJav1u. Not sure why it didn’t work previously - perhaps it was just a temporary glitch? 

Sounds like it’s all sorted now but if anything changes on that do let us know and we’ll be happy to assist further. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡