Question

Zapier not retaining formatting when creating JIRA issue from ClickUp task description.

• 7 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Short version: When using Zapier to create a corresponding JIRA issue, the description formatting is being lost.

Longer version:

We use both ClickUp and JIRA and at certain points in our workflow we create a JIRA issue based on a ClickUp task. When I use either the Task Content Text or Description fields, the formatting is not present. How can I get the formatting included?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EngagedDev 

To help us have more contacts, post screenshots with how the step is outlined and configured in the Zap EDIT mode.

Make sure to show the field description in the screenshot.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, please find attached. FWIW, there is no difference between choosing Task Description or Task Text Content once it lands in JIRA. I do not want to change the format, but in Clickup it has headings for example, and they are not coming through.

E

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EngagedDev 

Unless the field description indicates that HTML or Markdown is supported, then the field may only accept plain text. (screenshot doesn’t show the field description from the Zap EDIT mode)

I appreciate your help.