Question

Zapier not pulling in Dropbox Folder list

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I am trying to create a zap with the trigger being from Dropbox. But the zap is not pulling in any folders to choose from and this is a required field.

I checked to see if Dropbox was successfully connected and it is. I tried refreshing the fields. I tried deleting and creating a new Zap. I refreshed both sites so they had updated content...

Any ideas on a fix or what the problem might be?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @TeresaLK! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Sorry to hear you’re running into this - by chance is this a Business account or “Team” folders?

If so, I’m sorry to say these aren’t supported at the moment. 😔 If that’s the case, there’s an open feature request I’m happy to get you added to. 

If not, we’re happy to keep troubleshooting. Keep us posted!

Thank you for your response.  :)

How would I check to see if it is in a team folder?

I checked and I am on the personal plan. And as far as I can tell, these are not team folders.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TeresaLK,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I appreciate the additional screenshots.

Have you given reconnecting your Dropbox account a try yet? It's possible that might fix the issue. You can easily do this by heading over to this link: https://zapier.com/app/connections/dropbox. Once you've reconnected your account, head back to the "Folder" drop-down field and see if the folder you're looking for now shows up.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

This is not the fix. What is the next step to troubleshoot?

Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JkelleyMNPC,

You can only access files within your root folders (folder with the name displayed as / ). If you are added to a Team directory that is configured as a Team Space, then you should be able to access folders/files in that directory by updating the Spaces field in your Dropbox step.

Additionally, could you please send a screenshot of the folders you’re referring to in Dropbox?