Skip to main content
Question

Zapier not mapping All CMS custom fields

• 27 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Am I crazy, or is there actually no way to automate this process? I’ve tried setting up this workflow in Zapier (where apparently it was all working but when it triggered, no item was created in the CMS.) What I’m confused about is why Zapier is showing some of my custom fields but not all of them. And why Zapier says that Main Image, Thumbnail Image, and Post Summary are required fields when they aren’t set up like that in my CMS. Why don’t the plain text Youtube Video ID or plain text Image show up in my Zapier?

If I was able to just get the Youtube Video ID from YT to Webflow then I could dynamically populate the thumbnails/video on the page with code embeds, but Zapier for whatever reason will NOT display the custom fields from my CMS. Yes, I’ve published changes. Yes, I’ve deleted the zap workflow and restarted many times after republishing and still to no avail.

What gives?

Webflow CMS
​​​​​

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @joemousey, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’m not sure why those fields are showing up as required in the Create Live Item action but aren’t actually required fields within Webflow. Perhaps those fields are usually required for standard live items or it might be a requirement set by the Webflow’s API? 

With the issue of only certain custom fields appearing, I wonder if it’s only able to load custom fields that are of a specific field type? The Color field that’s missing from the action and appears to be Color field type whereas the Post Body that is a Rich text type of field is appearing in the action.

I notice that the YouTube Video ID field is a plain text field type which I would have thought it wouldn’t have any trouble with since the Post Summary field is the same type of field and that’s available in the action. 🤔 Though there appears to be a field available in the action called YouTube Link which isn’t listed in the collection fields screenshot you shared. Was the field originally called YouTube Link and later renamed to YouTube Video ID? What’s also odd is that there’s fields in the action like the Relevant Testimonials field that aren’t listed in the set of collection fields.

Can you try pressing the refresh button to see if that gets the fields updated in the Zap:
ae5d334efb7d43e830182c5462d31e4d.png

And can you try mapping the ID for the YouTube video into that YouTube Link field (and provide values for all the other fields marked required) to see if that allows the item to be added correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!