Best answer

Zapier Not Displaying All Fields From PandaDoc Template

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to set up a zap to take information from Moday.com and populate it into a PandaDoc contract. However, it is not showing all of the fields in my template. (It is giving me a pricing table, which is not something my template has.) The fields in question are both text fields and Zapier is interacting fine with other text fields in the same template. Is there some setting Panda that I don’t know about that I need to change? As far as I can tell, the fields are the same as all the others in Panda other than their Field IDs, which I edited for my own ease of understanding. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 March 2024, 23:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jimmythepenguin 

Good question.

Help article from PandaDoc:

https://support.pandadoc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008722914-Zapier

Check out the FAQs at the bottom of the link.

###

• If you have several workspaces in your PandaDoc account, you will see sample templates from the workspace you connected to Zapier at the 3rd step "Connect PandaDoc + Zapier"
  • If you have multiple pricing tables in a document, products from the pricing tables will show up in different arrays (like in different fields). In order to pass all products into an Action application, you need to add all product arrays in a respective field, e.g., find and add all product name (PricingTable1 Product Name, PricingTable2 Product Name fields) fields arrays in the Name field.
  • If role name in PandaDoc contains an underscore (_), errors might occur in the “Create document” action causing recipient information to map incorrectly. The Zap will fail during a test.
  • If PandaDoc serves as a “Trigger” application and you do not select a PandaDoc template, you’ll be able to use general PandaDoc document data only in an “Action” application. However, if you select a template, you will get all the data available in the template: tokens, fields, pricing tables, metadata.
  • Zap set for a template won’t work for a document duplicate created out of this template.
Userlevel 1

hi @jimmythepenguin I’m having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @timmmmar 

Help article about using fields in PandaDoc templates: https://support.pandadoc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040595714-Fields

Make sure each of your PandaDoc template fields have these values set:

• Field ID
  • Merge Field

Userlevel 1

amazing, thank you @Troy Tessalone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @timmmmar! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗