Question

Zapier not copying data validation from previous cell in column in Excel

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I’ve set up a Zap:

Form fill on Unbounce creates new row in Excel. 

All the columns are filling correctly; HOWEVER, the Status column with a drop down (data validation) IS NOT copying down to new row entry. I’ve included a screenshot. It’s working fine on another tab on the same spreadsheet too! I’ve tried duplicating that tab but no go. 

Hope you can help as this is driving me crazy!

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dovid 

Zaps add new rows, rather than filling in existing rows.

You may be better served using Airtable instead of Excel.

Not sure what you mean. I’m aware Zaps add new rows. That’s fine. That’s what I want the Zap to do. It’s just not copying and pasting the dropdown (data validation) choices from the previous row. Make snese?

My client prefers Excel.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dovid 

For example, if your Excel worksheet has 100 rows, and the Zap Runs, it will now have 101 rows, because a new row was inserted.

Yes. I realize that. But my Excel workbook has 1 row. Zapier is adding a row under it, but it is not copying and pasting the dropdown (data validation) choices from the previous cell in the previous row. Make snese?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dovid 

I don’t know if when the Zap inserts a new row to Excel it will copy of column format from the previous row.

You may want to try using GSheets instead.

It’s working on another tab in the same spreadsheet. But I’m thinking more the problem is with the Excel spreadsheet. Not Zapier.