Question

Zapier Manager "New Halted Task" trigger not firing for halted Zaps

Userlevel 1

I am having problems getting a zap working that sends out an alert when any zap in a folder enters the “halted” state.  The zap uses the “Zapier Manager->New Halted Task” trigger.

The folder being monitored has a zap that fails to find a Contact in Salesforce and enters the “halted” state, but no trigger in being fired in the “Zapier Manager->New Halted Task” zap.

This is an important feature to capture issues for our company when running zaps and I’d really like to get this working. Has anyone else come across a similar problem and what they did to get the zap working.

I’ve looked at the documentation on the Zapier Manager Integrations here : https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-manager/integrations but can’t see that I’m doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Neil

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Neil Moses 

Good question.

Can you show screenshots from your Zap Runs that have this status: Stopped / Halted: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I’ve attached a screenshot showing 3 halted runs of the zap

Thanks,

Neil

Userlevel 1

I have tried where the trigger is on the folder and/or the zap that has the halted status and no trigger is being fired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Neil Moses 

This Zap trigger is scheduled meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

If the Zaps still have not fired, then I suggest opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Neil Moses 

Some additional context that may be at play:

New Zap Error and Zap Turned Off only triggers after a long delay

If the New Zap Error or Zap Turned Off triggers only run after a long delay, check if you have autoreplay enabled. These triggers will only run after all autoreplay attempts are completed.

New Zap Error and Zap Turned Off doesn't trigger

• Check if email alerts are enabled in your email notification settings.
    • For Send Alerts on Failed Trigger and Send Alerts on Failed Action, select Always or Only Zapier Manager [Trigger/Action].
  • If you're on a Team or Company plan, the error notification will go to the user who created the Zap that errored. The notification is not sent to the user who created the Zapier Manager Zap.

If you need further assistance with Zapier Manager, contact Zapier support.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for the suggestions. I have waited for longer than 15 mins (days) and it looks like this isn’t a queueing issue. 

The email notifications settings are :- 

Send Alerts on Failed Trigger : Always (recommended)

Send Alerts on Failed Action : Always (recommended)

Autoreplay is not enabled on the zap.

I’ll raise a support ticket as you suggest - https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks,

Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Neil Moses 

Have you tried these Email Notification settings?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

I did try those settings without any success.

Userlevel 1

I would love to hear any update on this, as our company has the same issue. I receive email notifications for new zap errors, but do not receive anything for new halted tasks. this means I need to manually check for these stopped/halted zaps every day to ensure our Salesforce database is up to date.

This fix is desperately needed in Zapier!

Userlevel 1

I would also like to hear about any progress on a fix for this. This issue has been around for years now without any information when it will be fixed. We are considering alternatives to Zapier now as we cannot manually check the status of all the halted tasks each day. This is an important feature and Zapier should be taking this issue more seriously.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I’ve gotten the “Zap turned off” trigger to work but the “New zap error” just doesn’t work at all.  

Honestly shocked at how unclear the documentation + use of this is. 

Userlevel 1

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. This problem invalidates Zapier as a serious business tool in some kind of simple zaps where failed sync tasks lead to manual interventions, there is no way to alert to someone or trigger a corrective event.

@Troy Tessalone I would like to note that I am also affected by this issue.

I have been able to set up triggers successfully for Zaps Turned Off + Zap Error, but have not be able to trigger the Zap Halted Task.

For others, it’s important to know that you can only trigger ‘Zaps Turned Off + Zap Error,’ flows for Zaps that YOU own, if you are working in a team context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KORTX 

You’ll need to submit a ticket via Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

(I don’t work for Zapier.)

I have raised the same issue in another ticket before and this was months back. 

Not having something fixed which is vital for data integrity for anyone using the platform is mad. This should be flagged as Highest priority.

Userlevel 1

Is there an ETA on this getting fixed? Same issue here and it’s causing stuff to fall thru the cracks