Skip to main content

Hi, I have set up a really simple zap…

WIX form, collects the following data: first name, last name & email address

Hit ‘submit’

Triggers a Zoom webinar registration

I can’t get it to work as it says ‘required data first name & last name missing’ but I have these fields in both WIX & Zoom & they seem to be mapped ok??

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Hi @SamEqua 

For us to have more info, post these screenshots:

• How your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • The encountered error

Thank you so so much I really appreciate your help! Here are screen shots of the zap & the error…

Let me know if I can provide anything else that helps.

Thank you!
Sam

@SamEqua 

Can you show screenshots from your Zap Runs history details that shows the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

NOTE

Looks like you have static values of “First Name” to remove in the First Name field.

Same for the Last Name field.

Hi @SamEqua! 👋

How are things going on this? It looks like you’ve got fields selected from the Wix trigger that should contain first and last name values when the Zap runs so it’s odd that it’s saying it doesn’t have a value. 🤔

Are the Contact First Name and Contact Last Name fields on the form required fields on the Wix form?

If not, perhaps you could make them required fields so that the Zap will always receive a value. Would that be a viable option or would they need to stay optional?

And if they already are required fields, can you send us some screenshots of the Data In and Data Out of a recent run of the Zap that errored as Troy mentioned? That’ll help us to check whether the values are being sent by Wix in fields that have exactly the same names as the ones selected (e.g. Contact First Name, Contact Last Name). If the field names that contain the first and last names when the Zap runs don’t match the fields that have been selected then try changing the test record in the Wix trigger to see if that then allows you to select fields that will have the first and last name values. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi, thank you so much to both of you for your help!

Here are some screen shots of the data in & out (I had to take 3 images of the WIX data going out).

The fields in the Wix form are all required. The first, last & email address fields in Zoom are also required.

I hope this can help! 
Thank you
Sam

This is what the AI tool says to do but when I try to map the fields, the above aren’t in the list & if I manually type them in then they become static & this info is what is carried through to Zoom

Hi there @SamEqua,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap ran live this data was not sent from a previous step.

Could you please try loading a new sample data from the trigger step by clicking on the “Find new records” button and use the most recent sample data and remap the fields in the “Zoom” action step?

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!