Skip to main content
Question

Zapier isn't pulling all GoToWebinar attendees and getting incorrect time data

• 28 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an automation set up to update a spreadsheet following a webinar in GoTo Webinar. The trigger is ‘New Attendee in GoTo Webinar’ which is then supposed to search for the email on a spreadsheet and update the columns of the time they joined and left the webinar (if they attended). I recently did a test run and the trigger in Zapier is not pulling all of the attendees. 

I can pull an attendee report from GoTo and it shows all 24 names who registered, then lists the 10 people who attended with their join and leave times. However, in Zapier it is only pulling 3 names, 2 of which actually attended and 1 who didn’t attend, only registered… Further, the information it updates for join and leave time shows “2017-01-01 0:00:00” for everything, when the attendee report exported from GoTo has actual data.. 

I tried to troubleshoot with GoTo, but they said they don’t deal with any integrations, that I’d have to have Zapier help… 

Has anyone ever had any issues with accurate data exporting from GoTo to trigger the New Attendee trigger properly?

Thanks!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RDD 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

For live Zap Runs, check your Zap Runs history activity to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow to troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Attached has the information that is pulling from GoTo, which is the first step I have set up and another screenshot of all the steps in my zap. My GoTo account is connected, but it’s only pulling 2/10 attendees and a third it’s counting as an attendee who did not attend.. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RDD

Did you test with your Zap turned ON?

Did you check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

People registered for the webinar but didn't trigger the zap

The New Attendee trigger will only trigger after the webinar is over, all people who actually attend the webinar will all trigger the zap in succession. If you want to trigger the zap when someone registers for your webinar, use the New Registrant trigger instead.

The New Attendee Trigger didn't trigger on attendees to a simulated live webinar

This integration doesn't currently support Simulated (aka on demand) Live Webinars. The New Registrant trigger will trigger, but New Attendee will not. There is a feature request for this; contact support if you'd like to be added to it.