Best answer

Zapier isn’t passing on Custom Field info anymore

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I use Zapier to connect Gravity Forms to Asana. This had been working great until recently, I no longer can get my Asana custom fields to populate. The zap seems fine, I do see my custom fields listed on Zapier and they contain the info I want to pass on, but when I test or when a form is submitted that info doesn’t come through.

If I add the same content to the description section in Zapier it comes though in Asana, just not if it is in the custom field.

I even recreated the zap and a new Asana project from scratch just now to make sure something didn’t get mixed up along the way, but the new versions acted the same way.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips?

icon

Best answer by cliffmc 15 March 2023, 21:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cliffmc 

Good question.

Check your live Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how the Zap steps are configured in order to have enough context to evaluate and advise, thanks.

I think I fixed it. I was using a date custom field in Asana. That seemed to be breaking all of the custom fields. When I took it out the rest seem to be working. Thanks kindly