Best answer

Zapier is ignoring my rule

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey all

As per attached screenshots, I’ve asked Zapier to only execute the action when the payment description exactly matched “subscription creation”.

However, I see that it still executed when the description was “subscription update.” Why is that? 

Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 January 2023, 11:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Natauser! 👋

Ah, I think I see what’s happened here. In the Filter action, the same field has been selected. It just happens to be that for the selected test sample the description field contained “Subscription creation”. So, essentially the filter is checking the Description field to see if the value in that field matches the value in that same Description field:
bd54e99a5eabe2eac41b012929167ace.png
Instead of selecting the Description field in that second box, try manually typing in the words Subscription created. That should then set the filter to check that the Description field contains the value “Subscription created”. 

Can you give that a try and let us know if that solves it? Eager to ensure you’re all set here! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Sam, this makes sense.

I applied the changes you suggested; let’s see if it would work!