Question

Zapier is creating a duplicate Notion column property when updating database item

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a simple Notion database. One column is multi select with a bunch of options to select (lets say, Red, Blue Green).

I am using Zapier to update an item from having one entry (Red) to having Blue as well.

I update the item in Zapier. I add the existing tag using a prv ‘Find Notion item’ step. But when I add the second entry (Blue), by typing in ‘Blue’ I hit a problem.

In my notion table Zapier has created a new property called ‘Blue’ even though there is an existing one with exactly the same name ‘Blue’.

Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chriswright 

Good question.

Make sure the values are exactly the same.

Providing screenshots for context can be helpful.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Troy. The text is exactly the same. Weirdly it doesn’t happen if the column is ‘single select’ not ‘multi’

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chriswright 

Can you provide screenshots to give us more context?

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support for this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @chriswright! Just wanted to swing by and see how you’re doing with this? We’d love to help, as Troy mentioned some extra details would help us get to bottom of this with ya.

What is your trigger step and are you’re using any other apps outside of Notion? Any screenshots of your data set and your zap setup,  (with personal info removed) would be helpful too! 🤗